Product Marketing Manager – Recycling
Marketing | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Reporting Manager: Heidi Dethloff - VP, Marketing
Are you a catalyst for change? A driver to new destinations? A steward for sustainability? If those are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for ambitious bring-it-on-problem-solvers who are dedicated to doing what’s right for the planet. Join our team and help make the circular economy a reality right now.
From product packaging and music to government documents and more, Digimarc enhances nearly any form of media with a digital identify that is reliably and easily scanned. Shipping boxes, auto parts, audio files and even plastic bottles each take on individual identities within the Digimarc Platform. We are a curious and courageous team and lean on our values to guide our decision making. We believe our Platform can address some of the planet’s most challenging issues, such as plastic waste in our oceans impacting climate change or counterfeit products in our supply chains threatening consumer safety. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference. Come join us and help contribute to a better future.
As the Product Marketing Manager for Recycling, you will join the team responsible for improving plastic sortation and reducing plastic waste from our oceans. You will know how to command a virtual team (and using Microsoft TEAMS too) and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to lead and execute a product marketing plan, and effectively commercialize a new product offering from start to finish. You will work closely with our product managers, sales, marketing and creative services team, to understand market/customer needs, and develop a game plan that helps the largest Brands and Retailers use the Digimarc Platform for recycling.
WHAT WILL YOU DO…
- Apply go-to-customer planning model to understand customer and market requirements. This includes customer, partner and analyst feedback, as well as market insights and trends to help properly position our products and solutions
- Understand the recycling and sustainability market trends, and the various audiences including the development of buyer and user personas
- Develop Product Marketing plan that addresses 6Ps: people, product, partners, price, promo, and proof, working with Product Management for supporting input
- Develop product messages and value prop with unique selling points aimed at Brands / Retail segments and audience types
- Help build external product roadmap for Recycling / Sustainability with Product Management (key launches, milestones and refreshes). This includes naming conventions, delivery dates, and integrated marketing activities
- Refine pricing matrix (with Product Management) to reflect changing market conditions, new use cases, and other customer and partner feedback
- Lead and maintain Recycling/sustainability-specific content, demos and sales tools working closely with Creative Services team
- Enable Sales and Marketing working with Product Management including recycling-specific education and training content as appropriate
- Research and keep abreast of market trends, competitors and emerging technologies
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED…
- Proven experience developing Product Marketing strategies and bringing a product to market
- Industry experience in Retail, Consumer Brands, Recycling/Sustainability or Packaging
- A passion for customer acquisition, engagement and retention
- Practical knowledge on relationship marketing, digital media and social marketing
- Experience with customer-facing messaging and content
- Aptitude to frame and analyze problems with curiosity to test and learn new approaches
- Creative, innovative, breakthrough, disruptive mindset
- Self-starter with demonstrated bias for action and driving results
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.