Product Manager - Design/Enhancement Tools
Product Management | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Digimarc is the inventor of Digimarc Discover® software and Digimarc Barcode for the automatic identification of virtually any object. We provide a powerful platform to create new applications for retail, consumer goods, publishing, banking, media and entertainment, and more.
We are a global, values-based organization empowering talented engineers and scientists, along with a wide-range of sales, marketing and operations professionals to manage a publicly-traded company consistently ranked as one of Oregon’s best places to work. Will you join us? We are Digimarc: The Barcode of Everything™.
Digimarc is seeking a Product Manager to drive the development of tools to enhance media to include Digimarc Barcode. These tools are based on Adobe Creative Platform, particularly, Photoshop and Illustrator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own one or more products in the Digimarc portfolio
- Understand requests from customers, channel partners and the business
- Create and manage a prioritized backlog of improvements for each product
- Advocate for needed investments in your products with the product council
- Develop business cases to support new feature development
- Define requirements and success measures for each development effort
- Work with Engineering and Client Services to ensure there is clarity on development goals
- Work with Agile engineering teams to break work down into user stories
- Negotiate specs with engineering by prioritizing user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Own on-time delivery by optimizing scope
- Coordinate delivery and support of products to customers and partners, including necessary specs and documentation
- Work with Marketing and Sales to help define messaging and market positioning
- Up to 20% travel to attend both domestic and international customer/partners visits, conferences and other marketing events, with speaking opportunities possible
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years in a software product management role
- 5+ years career experience
- Substantial experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Expert level understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity with workflow tools like Esko and Globalvision
- Proven track record of successful collaboration with technical teams
- Experience with managing products for Design, Prepress and/or Print workflows
- Experienced with the Scrum process
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Caring, Integrity, Innovation, Loyalty, Commitment and Knowledge in a fun, fast paced working environment
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.