Product Management Executive
Executive | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
DIGIMARC’S ROLE IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE…
Digimarc has an important role to play in the world’s ever-accelerating digital transformation. Our mission is to provide a successor to barcodes, the foundation of global commerce and the cornerstone of auto-identification for the last 40 years. Digimarc has invented the Barcode of Everything. Both its reach and its performance represent quantum leaps forward. Digimarc Barcode enables any object or media to be reliably and efficiently identified by industry standard imaging and audio technologies. The Digimarc Barcode serves as cornerstone of a software and service Platform. There are many important uses for the platform we have built. The first generation of applications address matters of critical importance to the world: protecting currency and consumer goods against counterfeits, reducing food waste, improving food safety, providing safe low touch shopping at physical retail, and reducing plastic waste. This is a just a sample of the future the right candidate will help shape as global adoption of our platform continues to accelerate.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE’S ROLE AS A MEMBER OF SENIOR LEADERSHIP…
The Product Management executive will be a key member of the leadership team, reporting to the CEO, who will collaborate with our leadership team to develop, deliver and support a world class global technology platform that advances the reach and effectiveness of automatic identification of media across multiple industries. The executive will need to be a quick study, developing an intimate understanding of automatic identification markets, from conventional barcode technologies to disruptive machine learning/AI. They will have the technical aptitude and marketing vision to articulate the compelling value of Digimarc’s platform to drive adoption in the partner and solution provider ecosystems in these markets. The executive will be expected to consistently and effectively bring Platform enhancements to market that facilitate supplier adoption, deliver customer value, and drive rapid growth. The executive will have direct responsibility for the strategy, investment allocation, lifecycle management, and roadmap development. This company leader will define a platform strategy that is compelling, financially disciplined, and delivers superior value throughout product lifecycles in multiple industries.
The head of Product Management will be the focal point of Digimarc’s growth initiatives as this executive leader builds a powerful product management organization on the foundation that has been developed over the last several years. It is time to step up our product management investment due to the expansion in our customer base, supplier network, solution development, and industry and geographical markets seeking the benefits of our Platform. The ideal candidate is an accomplished visionary leader with the sophistication and drive to optimize the structure of our Platform to support first- and third-party solutions that deliver value to multiple industries. A consortium of central banks and Walmart currently are the Company’s largest customers. The customers that are driving growth are primarily global consumer packaged goods suppliers and their trading partners, including most of the top ten leading brands. In an exciting 2020 development, Digimarc Barcode is the centerpiece of 100+ member consortium led by the European brand trade organization AIM to revolutionize plastic recycling.
The role requires a unique blend of leadership and diplomacy, business acumen, design skills, technology expertise, and a passion to change the world. This is a growth-stage product leadership role, requiring an obsession with lifetime customer value creation and good sense about the amount, allocation and pace of investment. Success for this leadership role encompasses commercial success of the Platform and creation of an efficient and effective product management process from design to product launch to maintenance and support. Achieving scale requires an entrepreneurial, experimental and growth mindset, strong cross-functional facilitation and motivational skills, and a consistent focus on team and talent development. Success is a combination of inspiring short-term customer adoption and ensuring long-term mutually profitable trusted relationships with customers and partners.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE…
- Values consistent with Digimarc’s vision, mission, and corporate culture
- Desire, talent, skill, and character to be a key contributor to our executive team
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in product management leadership
- Technical background, with experience in software platform development and marketing
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Excellent written and verbal communication and team-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Familiarity with Balanced Scorecard planning approach
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Become an expert in our market and solutions and provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership to our team
- Conduct regular market and industry research to benchmark the company against competitive offerings and support Digimarc's strategic planning
- Conduct strategic reviews of products and market segments to identify opportunities and issues and recommend solutions that improve the long-term competitiveness of our platform
- Collaborate with the CEO and other members of the executive team to define and drive the strategy, investment allocation and ROI, lifecycle management, and development roadmaps of the Digimarc Platform
- Guide continuing growth in the product management team focused on a market and data-driven strategy to create high customer value, retention, and revenue growth
- Clearly and enthusiastically communicate decisions and thinking to stakeholders
- Drive the product lifecycle from opportunity assessment to strategic planning to product launch and support (including requirements gathering and use case definition) in order to deliver high value to customers
- Cooperate with executive colleagues on build vs. buy assessments and partner strategies
- Establish a strong product culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for team members and users
- Maintain relationships with our partners in collaboration with Partner Managers and Business Development to drive productive and profitable supplier partnerships and deliver customer value
- Build bridges with other leaders to strengthen collaboration with engineering, design, research, marketing and business development
- Partner with the go-to-market teams to drive successful product launches with a specific focus on internal readiness and comprehensive sales enablement
- Partner with the executive team to align product strategy and investments with corporate financial goals and targets as part of the annual budget process
QUALITIES THAT WE WILL SCRUTINIZE…
- Ability to identify, recruit and develop talent, and coach teams while coordinating resources and managing change across the organization
- Ability to inspire, motivate by example, and manage change across the organization
- Skills in product and platform strategy, customer identification, and customer and product discovery
- Evidence of success originating, defining, refining and launching excellent products
- Skills in product development, including planning and roadmap development
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced, ever-changing, growth-stage organizations
- Technical acumen and grasp of constraints and opportunities for scale
- Experience in data-driven continuous learning and experimentation
- Entrepreneurial mindset, bias for action, intellectual honesty, open mindedness, demonstrated ability to drive decisions, and hunger to deliver our transformational technology to the global marketplace
- Passion for identifying and addressing end user problems and opportunities where our Platform has potential relevance
- Visual, verbal and written communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Approach to getting the right products/technology offerings, at the right time, at the right price, developed for the right customer type to support the company’s overall goals
- Processes used to develop and measure effectiveness of platform plans/strategies
- Approaches to market sizing and addressable market definition
- Assessment of competitive strategies and differentiators to communicate and build preference for Digimarc solutions/technologies
- Demonstrated ability to present product/solution business models to company leadership and Board
- Testimonials regarding teamwork with Marketing and Sales to define messaging, market positioning, launch plans, collateral, and market research
- Experience training Sales teams on product and solution launches, product value, competitive advantages, and ROI
- Approaches to customer on-boarding and delivery in partnership with Solution Architects and Program Managers
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a dynamic working environment
- And views on important environmental, social, and governance issues affecting our local communities, our nation, and the world at large
We will offer an attractive executive compensation package, including salary, performance-based bonus, long term equity incentives, and comprehensive benefits package.
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.