Embedded Systems Engineer
Engineering | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Digimarc is the inventor of Digimarc Discover® software and Digimarc Barcode for the automatic identification of virtually any object. We provide a powerful platform to create new applications for retail, consumer goods, publishing, banking, media and entertainment, and more.
We are a global, values-based organization empowering talented engineers and scientists, along with a wide-range of sales, marketing and operations professionals to manage a publicly-traded company consistently ranked as one of Oregon’s best places to work. Will you join us? We are Digimarc: The Barcode of Everything™.
Digimarc is seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer. As an engineer in a small, fast-paced, agile team, this individual will be responsible for execution of research tasks and development of embedded software. Working independently, the engineer will perform research, and build tools and models, to facilitate experimentation. The engineer will be responsible for experiment design, data collection, analysis, and creation of actionable conclusions. The engineer will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, implementation, debugging, unit tests and documentation. The engineer will have to work with researchers and other embedded systems engineers to convert reference models to product-ready software/firmware/hardware. The technology focus will be on implementation of algorithms related to content identification technologies (digital watermarking, 1D and 2D barcodes, etc.) to enable innovative applications. Limited travel may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience), with emphasis on signal processing
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Effective C++ development, test, and debugging skills
- MATLAB skills (or equivalent fast prototyping and display language)
- Command-line tool development for Windows, Linux, or Mac as needed
- Hands-on experience in building tools to facilitate research and experimentation on a wide variety of platforms.
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization of mathematical algorithms
- Knowledge and working experience of signal processing and image processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity and diverse technical interests/skills
- Inclination to enjoy learning new algorithms and understanding their meaning
- Strong grasp of emerging technologies, best practices, and robust architectures
- Prior experience working with agile development practices
- Experience with mobile platforms is a plus
- Experience with ARM NEON programming or other SIMD instructions is a plus
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a fun, fast paced working environment
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.