Embedded Systems Engineer
Engineering and R&D | Remote | Full Time
Are you a catalyst for change? A driver to new destinations? A steward for sustainability? If those are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for ambitious bring-it-on-problem-solvers who are dedicated to doing what’s right for the planet. Join our team and help make the circular economy a reality.
From product packaging to music, government documents to e-books, Digimarc enhances nearly any form of media with a digital identity that is reliably and easily scanned. The Digimarc Platform provides shipping boxes, auto parts, audio files and even plastic bottles with individual identities to help solve pressing challenges. Our teams are curious and courageous. We are dedicated risk takers, yet our decision making is always grounded in our core values. We believe our Platform can address some of the planet’s most challenging issues, such as plastic waste in our oceans, the impact of climate change and the threat to consumer safety posed by counterfeit products in our supply chains. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference. Come join us and help contribute to a better future.
Digimarc is seeking an Embedded Systems Software Engineer who values intellectual challenge, good judgment, and sound technical abilities in equal measure.
As an engineer in a small, fast-paced team, this individual will be responsible for development of embedded software. Working collaboratively, the engineer will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, implementation, debugging, unit tests and documentation. The engineer will work with researchers and other embedded systems engineers to convert reference models to product-ready software. The core focus is the implementation of algorithms related to content identification technologies (digital watermarking, 1D and 2D barcodes, etc.) to enable innovative applications. Limited travel may be required.
Throughout our work, positive collaboration with other developers, QA staff, researchers, product management, and partners is essential to success.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Delivering correct, stable, and high-performance solutions in C++
- Implementing, testing, and delivering new algorithms in 1D and 2D signal processing
- API design for internal and external Digimarc customers
- Aiding integrations with third-party embedded systems products
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- 2+ years of team software development experience
- BSEE, BSCS, or other strong mathematical education
- Effective C++ development, test, and debugging skills in embedded systems
- Experience with signal processing or graphics algorithms
- Enjoys learning new algorithms and internalizing their meaning
- Possesses strong technical curiosity, is self-motivated, collaborative, and able to prioritize tasks
- Experienced with performance measurement and optimization of mathematical algorithms
- Strong grasp of emerging technologies, best practices, and robust architectures
- Adept at modern source control, unit test, and continuous integration workflows
- Familiarity with general-purpose scripting languages
- Command-line tool development for Windows, Linux, or Mac as needed
- Demonstrates clear spoken and written communications skills
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a dynamic working environment.
- Experience with ARM NEON programming or other SIMD instruction sets
- Interest in digital watermarking technology
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.