Director, ESG Engagement & Corporate Communications
Marketing | Remote | Full Time
Are you a catalyst for change? A driver to new destinations? A steward for sustainability? If those are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for ambitious bring-it-on-problem-solvers who are dedicated to doing what’s right for the planet. Join our team and help make the circular economy a reality right now.
From product packaging and music to government documents and more, Digimarc enhances nearly any form of media with a digital identify that is reliably and easily scanned. Shipping boxes, auto parts, audio files and even plastic bottles each take on individual identities within the Digimarc Platform. We are a curious and courageous team and lean on our values to guide our decision making. We believe our Platform can address some of the planet’s most challenging issues, such as plastic waste in our oceans impacting climate change or counterfeit products in our supply chains threatening consumer safety. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference. Come join us and help contribute to a better future.
Digimarc Corporation, a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DMRC), has an incredible opportunity to tell the world how our Platform together with our employees and partners are making an impact on our planet.
The Director, ESG Engagement and Corporate Communications for Digimarc will be responsible for shaping and telling our story – fueled by our ESG strategy and values and powered by the Digimarc Platform. In this role, you will manage the ESG strategy and corporate communications across all stakeholders including public and industry analyst relations, investor relations / communications, government relations and executive and employee communications. You will be a dynamic leader and communicator who commands authority, thinks fast on their feet and has a proven track record of building and leading communications programs. You will be the company spokesperson across all stakeholder communications.
This position will report directly to the VP of Marketing, and will work closely with the CEO, CFO and other members of the executive team and Board of Directors.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
ESG Strategy & Reporting:
- Refine and communicate Digimarc’s ESG strategy and objectives in conjunction with Company’s Balanced Scorecard KPIs, Values and Vision
- Oversee Digimarc’s ESG reporting, ratings and rankings, and communicating our ESG progress through Proxy, website, Ellen MacArthur Report, Digimarc ESG Report, and other communications channels as appropriate
- Stay current on latest ESG frameworks and guidance, and align with SASB and TCFD
- Gather and analyze all ESG reporting (e.g. ISS, Sustainalytics and other ESG reporting)
- Plan and prioritize ESG actions based upon impact, timing and our ability to execute
- Manage ESG progress and milestones with core ESG Exec Team, Digimarc Green Team and Board oversight through project plan
- Proactively manage and grow the investor base
- Develop ongoing relationships and communications to keep investors well informed on company progress and milestones
- Manage quarterly and annual release process including contributing to earnings releases, 10-K, and Proxy
- Maintain and refresh investor section and Sustainability Central of Digimarc.com
- Manage IR firm focused on attracting new ESG and European investors
- Research and develop content and positioning materials and presentations in prep for targeted investor conferences and other thought leadership venues
- Ensure all communications and reporting are efficient and consistent, enabling transparency to the extend allowed in compliance with securities regulations
- Plan and execute comprehensive internal and external communications strategy to support overall business objectives
- Be the primary spokesperson for all media and investor inquiries working closely with CEO, CFO and VP Marketing, and other subject matter experts. Provide media training for subject matter experts and product managers as appropriate.
- Write, edit and distribute press releases, talking points, media kit materials, issue briefs and other communication materials
- Maintain and develop media and industry analyst relations
- Conduct proactive media outreach and story development with targeted media
- Coordinate communications plans with other members of Marketing including events, digital and social marketing
- Research and promote legislative efforts that are beneficial to Digimarc and our efforts in food safety, recycling and sustainability.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Marketing on positioning and messaging targeting government and NGOs as appropriate
- Team with EVP / Chief Legal Officer on Governance factors for ESG
- Stay current on existing and proposed legislation, meeting with local, state, and federal government officials and lobbyists as appropriate, and updating management on relevant laws and regulations that impact our business
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with demonstrated experience presenting to high-profile audiences including investors and media.
- Ability to work at and navigate all levels of an organization, driving decisions and direction through influence, including executive and senior business stakeholders.
- Proven expertise in IR and PR with degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or related field plus 8+ years of experience in Corporate or PR Agency
- Experience in the environmental, social and government (ESG) field, with experience in sustainable investment.
- Fundamental knowledge of quarterly earnings release, SEC disclosure processes and financial reporting
- A passion for storytelling and brand building
- Creative, innovative, breakthrough, disruptive mindset
- Self-starter with demonstrated bias for action and driving results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and collaboration tools including Teams and Confluence
- Self-awareness, the ability to be self-critical and a strong desire to learn/grow
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a fun, fast paced working environment
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.