Creative Support Specialist (Pre-Press)
Client Services | Remote - Rochester, NY | Full Time
Digimarc is the inventor of Digimarc Discover® software and Digimarc Barcode for the automatic identification of virtually any object. We provide a powerful platform to create new applications for retail, consumer goods, publishing, banking, media and entertainment, and more.
We are a global, values-based organization empowering talented engineers and scientists, along with a wide-range of sales, marketing and operations professionals to manage a publicly-traded company consistently ranked as one of Oregon’s best places to work. Will you join us? We are Digimarc: The Barcode of Everything™.
Digimarc is seeking a client services professional to join a fast-paced, multi-disciplined team working in an agile environment. This position would be working directly with a customer Design Team as well as Digimarc’s Client Services Pre-Media Team. This position would be full-time in a Rochester, NY office with daily interaction with Digimarc HQ in Beaverton, OR.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong understanding of packaging and print design
- Strong understanding of premedia
- Ability to be customer-facing
- Equipped with strong communication skills—ensure flawless communication between Digimarc and customer teams (decipher input/feedback and articulate)
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, managed time in a fast–paced, multi-faceted, creative environment—works well under pressure
- Ability to coordinate projects between customer, supplier, pre-press/print vender and Digimarc
- Host preliminary pre-press calls for job awareness and proactive development
- Attend press checks on high profile projects to ensure quality assurance
- Support customer teams by providing information and guidance as it relates to print specifications and other requirements
- Support customer teams on new design initiatives by providing real-time mark enhancement, proofing and testing
- Support customer teams in contract proof review, feedback and approval with understanding of customer quality expectations—trouble shoot projects that do not meet said expectations while reviewing target and enhanced proofs
- Quality-check all completed production runs for all SKUs produced
- Log marked projects for documentation and reference
- Provide vendor training as required
- Establish and maintain best practices for the application of digital watermarking technologies in both internal and external environments
- Participate in directed research initiatives as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent knowledge base of image editing, pre-press systems
- Minimum of 8 years pre-print production experience: design, assembly, pre-flight and color requirements for printable files
- Able to manipulate, edit, and process customer files using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat Pro
- Experience with presentations, note-taking and meeting minutes
- Experience with training technical and non-technical customers
- Knowledge of Esko software
- Ability to multi-task
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Organize and self-motivate while learning quickly and adapting to change
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Alignment with the core Digimarc and customer values of Innovation, Care, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment and Knowledge in a fun, fast-paced working environment
- Good color vision and overall visual acuity
- Typing and sitting daily
- Reliable transportation
- Occasional lifting of packages up to 25 lbs.
- Modest travel required (20%) to Digimarc HQ in Beaverton, OR and press-checks
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.