A/P Specialist - Temporary
Finance | Beaverton, OR | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Digimarc is the inventor of the Digimarc Platform featuring Digimarc Barcode, which enables any object or media to be reliably and efficiently identified to reduce food waste, lessen manufacturing errors, protect the authenticity and security of products, reduce plastic waste, promote consumer engagement and much more.
We are a global, values-based organization that recognizes our employees’ talents, resources and products can help promote a better future, both locally and across the world. We are curious and courageous, and believe our Platform can address challenging issues, such as the traceability and transparency of products across supply chains or the impact of plastic packaging on the environment. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference.
We are a publicly-traded company that has been operating since 1995. Please join us and help contribute to a better future. We are Digimarc.
Digimarc is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist for a temporary assignment to work in our Finance department reporting directly to the Controller.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to entering and payment
- Answer employee’s and vendor’s questions about invoices
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices matching goods received with appropriate purchase orders
- Prepare batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions, includes matching invoices to checks and distributing for appropriate signature
- Manage and maintain electronic filing of invoices, posting papers, etc.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Provide effective communication regarding processes and procedures
- Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley control environment and assist with bi-annual testing
- Enter and reconcile fixed assets
- Assist with month and quarter-end closing and reconciliations
- Audit and process credit card reconciliations and bills
- Audit all employee expense reports, edit as needed and follow up with employee/Exec Admin
- Generate reports for Web Sales from credit card processor and compare with reports from Dynamics, coordinate with Sr. Staff Accountant if changes are needed
- Ensure IRS Form 1099 is prepared and filed for all appropriate vendors on an annual basis
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by the Controller
- Requires bending, lifting up to 10lbs, standing and sitting
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- Proficient to strong skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 3 years of accounts payable experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally
- Must have a meticulous attention to detail
- Extremely organized and self-motivated; must have high proficiency to both learn quickly and follow instructions
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains and/or Paramount Workplace preferred
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a dynamic working environment
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.