VP, Customer Success
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Dialpad's product suite covers the full range of modern business communications needs with Dialpad Talk, Support, Sell, and UberConference. All products are powered by VoiceAI, Dialpad's proprietary technology that helps companies unlock conversation insights, improve productivity and drive better performance across teams.
Who we are:
At Dialpad, we're a team of doers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo, and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we create products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s, Dialpad attracts top talent from iconic companies like Microsoft and Google as well as powerhouse startups like Hootsuite, Weebly and Anaplan. Every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that don’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
About the role:
As the VP of Customer Success, you will be leading teams who are responsible for delivering the absolute highest levels of satisfaction and success in the deployment and overall customer journey phases. Those teams include our professional services and customer success management professionals. You are ultimately responsible for making sure all Dialpad customers are consistently realizing the value of their investment while maximizing adoption and positive outcomes leading to renewals, expansion, and advocacy target metrics achievement.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proven Customer Success leader with at least 3 - 4 years in a similar leadership role ideally with a SaaS company during their growth from $50M Revenue to $200M+. The VP of Customer Success is a member of the GTM organization and reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Lead all post-sales activities for Dialpad’s customers through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning, and execution
- Build strong relationships with C-level, VP and Director level executives at customers
- Personally build, grow, and lead multiple A+ teams including Customer Success, Solution Architects, Engagement Managers, and analysts to support our customers
- Develop the playbooks and processes that will delight customers in a repeatable and scalable way
- Define the metrics and success criteria for our Customer Success function, and own outcomes including NPS, increased adoption and renewals.
- Be an evangelist for Dialpad within customer organizations and industry events
- Become a trusted advisor to customers on their high-value business problems
- Be the voice of the customer within Dialpad to influence product direction and other strategic decisions
- Desire to work in a dynamic startup where your input is desired to help craft our offerings and how we interact with clients
8+ years of experience working in successful customer-centric hyper-growth companies
A proven playbook of professional services and customer success best practices in designing and executing a high-performance customer-centric organization.
History of building trusted advisor relationships with customers and internal colleagues
An entrepreneurial mindset, high-energy, and visibly passionate about playing a significant role in a rapid growth organization
Superior communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of cloud application technology and trends
Ability to design offerings for both value add consulting and foundational deployment customer requirements
Leadership Skills & Characteristics:
- Confident leader that values humility, hard work ethic and supporting colleagues for the greater good of the team
- Big picture thinker that aligns to Dialpad’s overall company mission and values
- Displays a balance of strategic and tactical skills, with a high level of intellectual agility and emotional intelligence
- Cross-functional teamwork skills. Able to handle tough conversations and challenging meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional communicator who can write, present and adjust messages to meet individual audience and organization’s requirements
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your dependents.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.