Engineering | Vancouver, Canada | Full Time
Dialpad is the cloud based phone system that powers voice, video, and messages all from a single platform. With a beautifully intuitive interface that works on your existing devices, your phone system is finally as adaptable as your team.
Who we are:
At Dialpad, we're a team of do-ers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we build products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that doesn’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
About the role:
We're looking for a System Administrator familiar with Linux server hardware administration, network operations and scripting to help us establish and maintain a global web of data centers providing real-time communications to a rapidly growing user base.
• Design and deploy servers at scale into data centers around the globe
• Scout, evaluate and compare hardware options and colocated facilities
• Setup new cages, racks, machines, and network equipment
• Automate and document common machine management tasks
• Work with vendors to obtain quotes, make purchases, and schedule services
• Participate in an operations on-call rotation
• Setup monitoring for server, network, and data center health
• Troubleshoot technical problems with hardware and software
• BS in Computer Engineering or equivalent technical discipline
• Excellent understanding of different operating systems, especially Debian and Ubuntu
• Experience administrating server hardware such as Dell / HP / IBM
• Understanding of networking technologies: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
• Experience with at least one scripting or programming language such as bash, python, perl, etc.
• Exceptional oral and written English communication
• Able to travel on relatively short notice (~1w)
• Able to travel to foreign countries including the US, EU and APAC
Nice to haves
• Linux Foundation CS / RedHat CSA / SuSE CA or similar
• Data center setup / deployment experience
• Familiarity with Dell hardware and iDRAC remote machine management
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
• Administration of virtual machines in Google Cloud Platform or Rackspace
• Python development training or experience
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books, country music, table tennis - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There’s no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away,and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for our employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> San Jose <> New York. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment