Speech Recognition Engineer
Engineering | Bengaluru, Karnataka, India | Full Time
Dialpad is the cloud based phone system that powers voice, video, and messages all from a single platform. With a beautifully intuitive interface that works on your existing devices, your phone system is finally as adaptable as your team. Now Dialpad has VoiceAI, a unique feature that brings the power of speech recognition and NLP to extract actionable insights from calls.
Who we are:
At Dialpad, we're a team of do-ers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we build products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that doesn’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
About The Role
As a Speech Recognition Engineer at Dialpad, you’ll be developing speech recognition models (acoustic and language) using the latest methods. You will have access to proprietary data and tech stacks and you’ll be able to obtain more training data. You will be supported by data engineers and a data curation team so you can focus on model development. You will drive down the WER, improve keyword adaptation, accent tolerance, and continue our team’s practice of building fast models that run in true real-time. You have the opportunity to build models in non-English languages as well
• Advanced degree in Speech Processing, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics with specialization in speech recognition or natural language processing or machine learning.
• Solid experience building ASR systems and/or a publication record in the area.
• Experienced with Kaldi and/or Tensorflow
• Strong machine learning background and familiar with latest statistical modeling techniques applied to speech, including DNNs, bLSTMs, RNNs, CTC, and end-to-end systems.
• Experience building RNN or LSTM language models
• Familiarity with linguistics and phonetics.
• Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, bash, C/C++, SQL
• Knowledge of basic digital signal processing techniques for audio.
• Enjoys a highly collaborative environment.
• Experience with building ASR for telephony systems is a plus
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision Plan employee coverage.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> San Jose <> New York <> Bengluru <>. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas.