Software Engineer - Data
Engineering | Kitchener, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Dialpad's product suite covers the full range of modern business communications needs with Dialpad Talk, Support, Sell, and UberConference. All products are powered by VoiceAI, Dialpad's proprietary technology that helps companies unlock conversation insights, improve productivity and drive better performance across teams.
Who we are:
At Dialpad, we're a team of doers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo, and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we create products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s, Dialpad attracts top talent from iconic companies like Microsoft and Google as well as powerhouse startups like Hootsuite, Weebly and Anaplan. Every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that don’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
About the role:
We're looking for motivated software engineers who are eager to embrace broad aspects of data engineering, from facilitating machine learning training to optimizing inference. You’ll work directly with our Data Science and Engineering teams to build real-time systems and manage their overall performance and reliability. You’ll design software to process, search, analyze, and store data for applications that are continually growing in scale, while optimizing for speed and completeness. Interested in the science of conversations, data, APIs and scaling a system that supports real-time voice transcription & analysis? Let’s meet!
- Work primarily with fully asynchronous modern Python, pushing it to the limit
- Build and manage high-performance, real-time data pipelines
- Deploy code daily leveraging GCP, Kubernetes, and CI/CD Systems
- Love managing reliable real-time distributed systems at scale
- Work closely with engineering and data science teams across Dialpad
- Learn by constantly evaluating and applying state of the art systems and techniques
- Have strong fundamentals in software engineering computer science
- Have deep experience working in the Python environment and having worked in a low-level environment such as C++
- Find the right tool for the job
- Measure & monitor everything ensuring stability, redundancy, and runtime
- Make data-driven decisions - Measure twice, cut once
- Enjoy learning from your experiences and sharing your knowledge with your team
- Work on diverse problems across different systems
- Appreciate code and system maintainability and support continued improvement
Nice to have:
- Work with cloud providers such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- Work with DBMS, Pub/Sub, Messaging Systems
- Experience building and managing batch or streaming data processing pipelines
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your dependents.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.