Site Reliability Engineer
Engineering | Vancouver, Canada | Full Time
Dialpad's product suite covers the full range of modern business communications needs with Dialpad Talk, Support, Sell, and UberConference. All products are powered by VoiceAI, Dialpad's proprietary technology that helps companies unlock conversation insights, improve productivity and drive better performance across teams.
Who we are:
At Dialpad, we're a team of doers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo, and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we create products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s, Dialpad attracts top talent from iconic companies like Microsoft and Google as well as powerhouse startups like Hootsuite, Weebly and Anaplan. Every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that don’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
• Responsible for deployment, availability, reliability, and overall performance of the telephony infrastructure
• Perform Root Cause Analysis and proactively prevent recurrence of issues through design, testing and implementation of software based solutions
• Ensure services are designed with 24/7 availability and operational readiness
• Implementation of proactive monitoring, alerting, trend analysis and self-healing systems
• Design response plays for potential emergency situations and run drills with the team to minimize mitigation times
• BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Systems
• 5+ years experience with Linux systems
• 3+ years experience in a Ops/DevOps/SRE or Software Engineering role
• Programming skills (Python, Go, Java, and/or C)
• Experience working with databases and big data sets
• Strong interpersonal communication skills including listening, speaking, and writing
• Ability to work across teams and across disciplines (Engineering, QA, Product Management, etc.)
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for all employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.