Senior FreeSWITCH Engineer
Engineering | Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
At Dialpad, we're a team of do-ers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we build products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $70 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and other top VC’s along with engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, every member of our team plays an essential role in creating a voice product that doesn’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
- Help architect and develop robust scalable system capable of handling 10x of current traffic
- Technical ownership with projects that facilitates high profile product features
- Design and implement scalable and reliable technologies across our platform
- Collaborate closely with team members; front-end software engineers and product folks to continuously improve our core product
- Make changes across databases, optimize server and client code on web platforms
- 5+ years of industry and embedded development experience
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with SIP, RTP or other VoIP concepts
- Experience with Free Switch or other SIP stacks
- Proficiency in C or C++ programming languages
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth startup environment
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
To us, work is a thing you do not a place you go. And with a customer base of 50,000, we’re helping build voice products that empower the next generation of anywhere workers.
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books, country music, table tennis - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
Compensation & Equity
We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
Location, Location, Location
Headquartered in San Francisco, we have offices in Raleigh, Vancouver, Tokyo, Austin and San Jose. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas.