Privacy and Compliance Counsel
Legal | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Dialpad's product suite covers the full range of modern business communications needs with Dialpad Talk, Support, Sell, and UberConference. All products are powered by VoiceAI, Dialpad's proprietary technology that helps companies unlock conversation insights, improve productivity and drive better performance across teams.
Who we are:
At Dialpad, we're a team of doers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo, and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we create products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s, Dialpad attracts top talent from iconic companies like Microsoft and Google as well as powerhouse startups like Hootsuite, Weebly and Anaplan. Every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that don’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
About the role:
Dialpad is looking for a privacy and compliance counsel to help us assess legal risks and advise on products, domestically and internationally. We are seeking someone who is business-minded and has a passion for getting things done, takes ownership, has great attention to detail, and is committed to providing practice guidance to internal stakeholders on privacy and data security challenges as it applies to cutting edge technology. The individual will also be the primary legal point of contact for telecom regulations worldwide. The individual will report to the VP of Legal and work closely with members of our Legal team and cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Serve as the primary legal point of contact for privacy and data security issues on the legal team, with responsibility for providing advice and guidance to other members of the legal team
- Provide legal advice on privacy as it applies to Dialpad’s products
- Advise on privacy compliance across all aspects of global privacy and regulation, including data protection, data retention, data security, and data breach rules
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, Product Marketing and Security and Compliance and advise on privacy issues as it applies to each group
- 4-6 years of experience practicing law in the field of privacy (U.S. and European) and data security, preferably including at least three years at an Am Law 100 law firm
- Experience in telecom law
- J.D. and California Bar admission in good standing (or qualified for and willing to apply for/maintain Registered In-House Counsel status with California)
- CIPP/E and/or CIPP/US a plus
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your dependents.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.