Payroll & Compliance Specialist - Austin, TX
Finance | Austin, TX | Full Time
Dialpad is the cloud based phone system that powers voice, video, and messages all from a single platform. With a beautifully intuitive interface that works on your existing devices, your phone system is finally as adaptable as your team.
At Dialpad, we're a team of do-ers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we build products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that doesn’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
The Payroll and Compliance Specialist will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting in our growing Accounting and Finance team from the Austin, TX office. This newly created role will administer payroll and tax compliance, perform technical research, and participate in the regular accounting cycle operations.
We are seeking someone who possesses an understanding of accounting organizations, impeccable attention to detail, and the determination to get things done. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic thinker, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Act as the in-house expert on all payroll issues, topics, and systems for US and Canada
- Accurate and timely preparation of employee multi-State payroll for regular, commission and off-cycle payroll runs
- Accurate and timely preparation of 401(k) deferrals, other employee benefits and data transmittal
- Set up employee records in payroll for new hires and inactivate terminated employees
- Establish state tax accounts for withholding and administration
- Compile financial, tax and payroll reports for both internal and external purposes, including financial, 401K and jurisdictional tax audits
- Payroll project management, system implementations and maintenance
- Drive quarterly and annual FCC reporting and compliance efforts
- Reconcile monthly tax detail to jurisdictional filings and reports provided by consultants
- Ensure company’s sales & use tax compliance by liaising with consultants on tax treatments, and staying current on developments in software and telecom taxation
- Administer company travel program. Review and approve travel & expense reports
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 1+ years experience working in a professional environment requiring impeccable attention to detail. Entry level college graduates with outstanding academic record and work experience will be considered.
- Unparalleled integrity and discretion with respect to employee compensation matters
- A can-do attitude with enthusiasm for taking on new challenges and developing processes
- Knowledge of MS Office including intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with payroll or accounting software a plus
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks and projects
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate key communication between Finance, People Ops and external consultants
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books, country music, table tennis - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There’s no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for our employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Tokyo <> Austin <> San Jose <> New York. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas.