Machine Learning Tech Lead
Engineering | Kitchener, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Dialpad's product suite covers the full range of modern business communications needs with Dialpad Talk, Support, Sell, and UberConference. All products are powered by VoiceAI, Dialpad's proprietary technology that helps companies unlock conversation insights, improve productivity and drive better performance across teams.
Who we are:
At Dialpad, we're a team of doers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo, and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we create products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s, Dialpad attracts top talent from iconic companies like Microsoft and Google as well as powerhouse startups like Hootsuite, Weebly and Anaplan. Every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that don’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
About the Role:
- As Machine Learning Tech Lead at Dialpad, you will:
- Be a key player in further developing our A.I. technology.
- Architect the machine learning roadmap in partnership with others
- You will lead, advise and mentor a diverse team of speech recognition (ASR) and natural language (NLU) engineers in Kitchener, capable of training state of the art speech recognition models and solving innovative NLU problems to understand and extract insights from business telephone conversations.
- Help achieve our AI product development goals by providing technical insight, managing projects and scoping risks and requirements.
- Collaborate with machine learning (ML) experts to improve speech recognition models and solve innovative NLU problems to understand and extract insights from business telephone conversations.
- Consider ethical practices in data management and applications of AI.
- Work in close partnership with San Francisco to continue our progress on detecting key moments in conversation, entity-level sentiment analysis, topic analysis, abstractive summarization and more.
Our goal is to stand out as the leader in our space in terms of capturing, representing and making useful the knowledge exchanged in these conversations.
To tackle these problems, we will equip you with all the resources an ML team needs: massive amounts of proprietary data (millions of call recordings and transcripts, nearly half a million NLU labels), a mature label acquisition pipeline for your supervised ML models (including a team of 20 labelers) and an amazing engineering team to manage data availability and model deployment. All this so your team can focus on what you do best: building amazing models.
- Proven history of architecting and implementing solutions to Machine Learning problems, from design to production.
- Your technical skills are respected by others who come to you for advice. You are able to find effective and creative solutions to engineering problems.
- Ability to write clean, readable python and provide quality feedback on code reviews
- You have solid interpersonal skills, lead individuals to thrive and have a record of collaboration and mentorship.
- Excellent English and communication skills
- Good project management skills, proven ability to scope projects and deliver quality on time.
Nice to haves:
- Prior work in NLU/NLP, Speech recognition, or telephony/call center analytics.
- Working experience with product or project management
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your dependents.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
We believe in your future as much as you do! That's why we offer a yearly stipend for continued learning and education expenses.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York <> Bangalore. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment.