Lead Web Developer
Engineering | Vancouver, Canada | Full Time
At Dialpad, we're a team of do-ers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we build products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $70 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and other top VC’s along with engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, every member of our team plays an essential role in creating a voice product that doesn’t just combine design and mobility but but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
We’re looking for a Lead Web Developer who will help us design and develop the next generation of features for the Dialpad website. You will play a critical part in defining and building our website, while working closely with a team of designers, product managers and other engineers. Join us, and have a huge direct impact on the quality of Dialpad’s growing products and services from day one!
- Develop the company and product websites, along with marketing materials by creating elegant UI's
- Lead a team of Web Developers
- Interface with designers, product managers, and other engineers
- Launch new code weekly with our fast release cycles
- Improve performance to handle rapid increase in user base
- Website development experience
- A basic understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Knowledge of cross-browser development techniques and browser degradation strategies
- Responsive web design experience
- 10 years of experience with component-based development
- Good eye for design and/or design experience (a personal site or brand utilizing newer techniques is a big bonus!)
- Experience with a server-side language
- Experience building single-page applications
- BS, or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There is no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your dependents.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both health and unhealthy - no judgement!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Tokyo <> Austin <> San Jose. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas.