iOS Technical Lead
Engineering | Vancouver, Canada | Full Time
Dialpad is the cloud based phone system that powers voice, video, and messages all from a single platform. With a beautifully intuitive interface that works on your existing devices, your phone system is finally as adaptable as your team.
Who we are:
At Dialpad, we're a team of do-ers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we build products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that doesn’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
Dialpad's engineering team is growing quickly and we're seeking an experienced and talented iOS Technical Lead to join us. Reporting to the Mobile Engineering Manager, the ideal person will lead a small team to build and improve upon Dialpad's iOS products.
- Collaborate and lead a small team of iOS developers; facilitate design and development decisions.
- Develop high quality and scalable native iOS applications with beautiful custom UI.
- Contribute to all stages of the development process from defining requirements and UI to deploying the mobile applications.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to transform requirements and UI mockups to product features.
- Mentor iOS developers and establish best practices for the team.
- Extensive hands-on, object-oriented development experience with 5+ years developing mobile applications.
- Experience leading a mobile engineering team in a technical capacity.
- Experience with Swift, various iOS frameworks, and modern iOS APIs.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code and pay attention to details and the quality of the code.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with remote teams.
- Startup mentality: self-starter, proactive, flexible.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience with scaling mobile applications with a high volume of users.
- Intuitive understanding of good user experience.
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books, country music, table tennis - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There’s no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for our employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> San Jose <> New York. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas.
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment