Engineering | Vancouver, Canada | Full Time
At Dialpad, we're a team of do-ers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we build products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $70 million in funding from Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and other top VC’s along with engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, every member of our team plays an essential role in creating a voice product that doesn’t just combine design and mobility but but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
- Develop easy-to-use, scalable, robust, high volume interactive web applications
- Work with Google App Engine
- Work with new Web RTC technologies that handles large data sets with ease
- Interface with designers, product managers, and other engineers (our policy: with fewer organized meetings, engineers have more time to code)
- Launch new code weekly with our fast release cycles
- Improve performance to handle rapid increase in user base
- 3+ years of professional engineering experience
- Web/Client-app experience
- An understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Knowledge of cross-browser development techniques and browser degradation strategies
- Responsive web design experience
- Experience with component-based development
- Experience with a server-side language
- Non-Relational Database experience
- Experience building dynamic/single-page applications
- BS, or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books, country music, table tennis - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
There’s no idea too crazy and no task too small — we work together to make things we’re proud of.
Compensation & Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away,and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans for our employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both healthy and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location
San Francisco <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Tokyo <> Austin <> San Jose. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas.