Director of Data Analytics
Finance | Vancouver, Canada | Full Time
Dialpad is the cloud based phone system that powers voice, video, and messages all from a single platform. With a beautifully intuitive interface that works on your existing devices, your phone system is finally as adaptable as your team.
Who we are
At Dialpad, we're a team of do-ers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we build products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that doesn’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
About the role
The Director of Data Analytics will be responsible for driving the strategy and delivery of business intelligence, fostering a data-driven culture and enabling the organization to make informed decisions.
Reporting to the CFO, this role will partner with other teams such as Finance, Growth, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success, to ensure data is accurate and accessible to them. As well, they will leverage a thorough understanding of the business to provide the right insights to the right stakeholders. The role will manage a team of analysts and also ‘roll up your sleeves’ to deliver data and insights to support different views of the business to internal customers.
- Establish the Data Team as the source for data insight and analysis to drive business decisions
- Develop a data governance framework to ensure data is consistent, and trustworthy and accessible across all business units
- Create recurring reports and dashboards that empower stakeholders to draw insights, as well as working to provide ad-hoc analysis to support new business initiatives
- Evaluate emerging artificial intelligence technologies including machine learning, predictive analytics, pattern recognition and smart data discovery
- Integrate third-party platforms and data sources efficiently with the company’s existing systems.
- Demonstrated experience leading and mentoring a team that is valued by executives and other departments as contributing to business success
- Previous experience gathering requests from internal customers, prioritizing analytics based on potential business impact and managing a team to deliver accurate and insightful data
- In-depth understanding of data infrastructure, data governance and best practices
- Creative thinking and passion for brainstorming innovative ways to use our unique data to answer business problems
- Experience partnering with and influencing senior level stakeholders
- Experience in GSuite, Excel, standard business applications (SFDC, Marketo, Google Analytics), Data Visualization tools (Domo preferred) and extracting and aggregating data from large data sets using SQL
- Knowledge of modern data mining / analysis techniques and quantitative methods
- Experience with an online business model including web-based sign up and SaaS or tech startup are big plus
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both health and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location!
San Francisco <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Tokyo <> Austin <> San Jose <> New York. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas.