Deal Desk Analyst - Austin, TX
Finance | Austin, TX | Full Time
At Dialpad, we're a team of do-ers. A team that thinks outside the box and when that doesn't work, we reinvent it. We don't settle for the status quo and neither do the things we build. Led by the same minds behind Google Voice, we build products that get businesses talking—whether it's across the hall, street, or country.
With $120 million in funding from ICONIQ Capital, Google Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Scale Ventures and other top VC’s Dialpad attracts top engineers from companies like Microsoft and Google, and every member of our team plays an essential role in creating dynamic products that doesn’t just combine design and mobility but works with you wherever productivity may strike.
The Finance Department is looking for a Finance Operations, Deal Desk Analyst to be part of a hard working dynamic organization who can execute and process a range of deals that vary in complexity and displays attention to detail for customer service orders. Primary focus will be supporting the Sales organization with customer and partner deals and driving efficiency throughout the process that compliments the Quote to Close/ Cash process.
All deals must be processed within departmental guidelines, timely delivery of the customer product and services and quality. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the ability to evaluate and utilize the system and his/ her process expertise to address sales and customer issues through resolution.
The Deal Desk Analyst is able to navigate through the SFDC and customer account information to determine accuracy or potential issue(s) that need to be resolved prior to processing. The Deal Desk Analyst will often partner with key stake holders (Finance, Accounting, Legal, Sales, Services, etc.) and takes ownership of all escalations and job duties with minimal supervision.
- Reviews and supports deals that range in complexity
- Collaborates with Sales and assists with deal structure, pricing and configuration
- Reviews initial business terms for all customer deals and escalates to Legal as needed for review and or guidance
- Escalates MSA or Order form red line requests to Legal and or the Contracts Manager for review/ negotiation
- Responsible for accurately tracking sales in Salesforce; post close deals are accurately reviewed and entered
- Review Sales Support Requests/ Contracts in a timely manner and within department Service Levels
- Responsible for supporting the quote to close/ cash process
- Facilitates the Sales process; Quote approval, Order Form, Final contact and documentation
- Focuses on continuous process improvement that supports the quote to close/ cash process
- Reviews customer accounts for accuracy and make updates in line with department data standards
- Collaborate with sales and other cross functional organization on sales order issues.
- Verifies pricing and general compliance with contractual guidelines, using pricing lists and contracts.
- Conducts final deal scrubs/ audit and flags issues with Revenue Recognition, Compensation/ Commissions and Sales Operations reporting.
- Makes updates after final audit to deal naming convention, TCV, ARR, MRR and create renewal Opportunities as needed
- Submits ideas for system and process continuous improvement that will impact, training, process and SFDC processes
- Adheres to departmental guidelines and policies.
- Customer Service focused and a positive attitude when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Dedicated to professionalism and highly motivated towards goal achievement; Extremely reliable, confident in making independent leadership decisions
- Demonstrated the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- 4-6 years related experience in Deal Desk, Sales support and or Order Management.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in Deal Desk Support.
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office, G Suite, SFDC, SFDC CPQ or other CRM/ ERP applications
- Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one's own and work are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
Poolside. Backyard BBQ. Third booth from the left. Here’s where you’ll find the anywhere workers of Dialpad. Because for us, work is a thing you do not a place you go. And with a customer base of 25,000+ companies, we’re helping build voice products that empower future anywhere workers.
Joining our team means collaborating with people that aren’t just passionate about their work but about Argentine tango, musicals, sushi burritos, comic books - you name it. Because if you’re going to redefine the status quo, you need a group of people hungry to do more, to see more, and be more than where they started.
Compensation and Equity
Teamwork makes the dream work. We recognize that our dedicated team members are what make our success. That’s why we offer competitive salaries in addition to stock options.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away - and it doesn’t hurt that we offer 100% paid medical, dental, and vision plans.
Plan for the future. We offer a 401k plan to all of our employees.
We offer a monthly stipend to help cover your cell phone, home internet, and even gym membership costs.
Bon Appetit! Enjoy catered lunches, free snacks & drinks (both health and unhealthy - no judgment!)
Location, Location, Location!
San Francisco <> San Ramon <> Austin <> Raleigh <> Vancouver <> Kitchener <> Tokyo <> New York. From coast to coast, our offices are nestled in active and growing downtown areas
Dialpad is an equal opportunity employer; we believe in creating a community of inclusion and an environment free from discrimination or harassment