Administration | Santa Rosa, CA | Full Time
DH Wine Compliance is a full-service compliance firm in Santa Rosa, CA specializing in licensing, reporting, and consulting. We currently provide services to over 400 clients. DH Wine Compliance has three main objectives: True customer service, top-notch compliance expertise, and a work environment that honors and appreciates its employees. We are regarded as one of the best compliance companies in California. In addition, DH Wine Compliance was awarded the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in the 15-50 employee category multiple times.
The Administrative Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the business and overseeing various administrative functions. In addition to providing executive support to the President, the Administrative Manager will partner directly with the President to improve the efficiency and productivity of the business. This includes identifying areas of opportunity across the business, updating/creating policies and procedures, and collaborating on business development initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the day-to-day administrative activities of the business including oversight of daily operations and budgets of office management, IT, payroll, and HR
- Support President with various administrative tasks including project and calendar management
- Manage and foster effective vendor and external partner relationships
- Ensure communication across staff and departments on business goals, projects, and events
- Schedule and manage office visits for clients and vendors
- Manage incoming/outgoing phone calls, mail, courier services
- Manage office supplies and equipment
- Perform clerical duties as needed
Business Optimization (40%)
- Collaborate with President to develop and assess business needs, strategies, and development as well as areas of opportunity within each department
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical plans to support the overall growth of the business
- Recommend and implement internal policies and procedures and ensures compliance with existing business policies/procedures
- Identify service and operational issues; provide project management support to identify, research, develop and implement solutions
- Liaise and consult with staff and management
- Attend department and leadership meetings
- Partner with leadership team on interoffice and developmental ideas and/or issues
- Anticipate the needs of managers and staff and help them stay focused on their tasks and projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education/related experience
- 5+ years in business management including overseeing and performing administrative functions preferably in a service-based business
- Experience working with and supporting cross functional teams
- Basic working knowledge of accounting/finance and HR function
- Innovative and creative with experience streamlining business operations to drive profits and maximize efficiency
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, while also seeing the “big picture”
- Timely and comprehensive communication throughout all levels of the business
- Flexible, self-reflective, and receptive to change
- Strong business acumen
- Strong accountability and follow through with little supervision
- Self motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize competing and changing priorities
- Ability to quickly learn the ins and outs of the business
- Experience supporting manager and employees through day-to-day issues and problems
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong technology literacy including Microsoft Office
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: This position primarily operates in a professional office environment. Occasional travel by car; must have a valid driver’s license and provide own transportation. Ability to work a flexible work schedule with extended hours as required during peak season demand.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off, and paid holidays.
How to Apply: We invite qualified candidates to apply using the "Apply for this Job" link and include a resume and a cover letter. We look forward to reviewing your application!