Product Manager (Lead)
Product | New York, NY | Full Time
At Devpost our mission is to inspire the world's developers to build great software. We do that by powering nearly all in-person and virtual software competitions around the globe. We have a large, global network of software developers who discover hackathons and learn about them on our platform, in order to learn, build something great, and earn exposure. Organizations run online and in-person competitions to market their tools to our active developer community. Our customers include Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, and many others.
Our culture is centered around a close relationship with our community, and a dedication to continuously improve our offering and ourselves to meet their needs. Employees are empowered to explore and take ownership, and to make decisions in line with our metrics and mission. Our mission is firmly rooted in the belief that technology can bring about important change and improve lives.
In this role you will:
- Have day-to-day responsibility for developing the product experience of developers and organizations on our web platform
- Have tremendous impact a community of both inspirational developers and important customers
- Work closely with our business stakeholders and our users and customers to understand how to best maximize business value through our product
- Define and regularly monitor success metrics and other analytics
- Build features with and without a designer from scratch, including the conceptual work, sketching, and wireframing
- Work closely with our development team to shepherd work to completion and further iteration
- You have at least 3 years Product Management experience
- You’re passionate about delighting users by creating a wonderful product experience
- You are a highly productive problem-solver
- You are both data-driven and creative
- You work well with teams and are an excellent communicator
- Experience with usability testing
- Experience working on an Agile team
- Familiarity with what motivates software developers, given our business focus (not required, but nice-to-have)
The Culture & Location
We’re more focused on deliverables than meetings. Everyone’s opinion is respected and all ideas are given consideration. It’s a culture of meaningful work by dedicated, hard-working individuals, but the environment is relaxed and creative too. Our office is in lower Manhattan.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- High-quality health benefits
- Matching 401k
- No vacation policy (that means time off when you want it)
In your cover letter, please tell us:
- What work best exemplifies what you can do? Please add links to a portfolio or live sites that you were involved with.
- Why you might be uniquely qualified for this job