Product | New York, NY | Full Time
At Devpost our mission is to help developers find fulfilling work. We have a large, global network of software developers who learn about hackathons and jobs on our platform. Our jobs offering is unique: Organizations give insight into what it's like to work as a developer on their team. They also run online and in-person hackathons to market their tools to our active developer community. Our clients include Oculus, Evernote, Twitter, Twilio, Atlassian, Venmo, IBM, Microsoft, Uber, Ford, and many government agencies.
The global market for new software and its makers is exploding, and we’re uniquely positioned to provide developers with a platform for the things that really matter to them: personal skills growth, and professional opportunity.
Our culture is centered around a close relationship with our community, and a dedication to continuously improve our platform and ourselves to meet their needs. Our employees are empowered to explore and take ownership of their own initiatives, and to make decisions in line with our metrics and mission. Our purpose is firmly rooted in the belief that technology can bring about important change and improve lives.
In this role you will:
- Have day-to-day responsibility for developing the product experience of developers and organizations on our web platform
- Work closely with our business stakeholders (including our CEO) and our users and customers to understand how to best maximize business value through our product
- Define and regularly monitor success metrics and other analytics
- Build features (with and without) a designer from scratch, including the conceptual work, sketching, and wireframing
- Work closely with our development team and QA to shepherd work to completion and further iteration
- You have at least 3 years Product Management experience
- You’re passionate about delighting users by creating a wonderful product experience
- You are a highly productive problem-solver
- You are both data-driven and creative
- You work well with teams and are an excellent communicator
- Experience with usability testing
- Experience working on an Agile team (we deploy to production multiple times per week)
- Familiarity with what motivates software developers, given our business focus
The Culture & Location
We’re more focused on deliverables than meetings. Everyone’s opinion is respected and all ideas are given equal consideration. It’s a culture of meaningful work by dedicated, hard-working individuals, but the environment is relaxed and creative too. Our office is in lower Manhattan.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock options
- High-quality health and other benefits
- No vacation policy (that means time off when you want it)
In your cover letter, please tell us:
- What work best exemplifies what you can do? Please add links to a portfolio or live sites that you were involved with.
- Why you might be uniquely qualified for this job