Part-time Content Writer
Product | New York, NY | Full Time
We're looking for a part-time writer with a strong voice and good experience writing for a technical audience.
At Devpost our mission is to help developers find fulfilling work. We have a large, global network of software developers who learn about hackathons and jobs on our platform. Our jobs offering is unique: Organizations give insight into what it's like to work as a developer on their team. They also run online and in-person hackathons to market their tools to our active developer community. Our customers include Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Atlassian, IBM, Microsoft, Ford, and many government agencies.
The global market for new software and its makers is exploding, and we’re uniquely positioned to provide developers with a platform for the things that really matter to them: personal skills growth, and professional opportunity.
Our culture is centered around a close relationship with our community, and a dedication to continuously improve our platform and ourselves to meet their needs. Our employees are empowered to explore and take ownership of their own initiatives, and to make decisions in line with our metrics and mission. Our purpose is firmly rooted in the belief that technology can bring about important change and improve lives.
- Write web and newsletter content with a clear and consistent voice. Our newsletter goes out to between 100K and 200K users per week.
- Write text for our software competitions, explaining what users need to do and why.
- Play a key role in creating content-related product features
- Are a superb wordsmith with a natural ability to simplify difficult content
- Have several years experience writing professionally for websites and newsletters
- Have experience writing UI and other product-related text
- Have experience working on websites where the website is the business itself (rather than an online representation of an offline business)
- Are organized and take deadlines seriously.
- Work well in teams
- Big bonus, though not required: have experience writing for a software developer audience
While this job is remote, you're welcome to come to our office in lower Manhattan anytime. As a team, we’re more focused on deliverables than meetings. Everyone’s opinion is respected and all ideas are given equal consideration. It’s a culture of meaningful work by dedicated, hard-working individuals, but the environment is relaxed and creative too.
If interested, please include a note about why you might be uniquely qualified for the position, and include links to writing samples.