Developer Marketing and Relations Lead
Marketing | Multiple cities | Full Time
Software developers use Devpost to discover and participate in the world’s software competitions (hackathons), and for finding inspiration to build their next project. Paying customers who trust us to reach these developers include Amazon, Google, TechCrunch, Microsoft, Atlassian, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, DocuSign, and many others big and small.
The Developer Marketing and Community lead role involves inspiring, growing, and nurturing our community of software developers. You'll create and execute partnership programs with third-party developer communities, publish community-focused virtual hackathons, build a community leadership structure, highlight developers and their projects to the public and media/blogosphere, and whatever else you think will best achieve our goals. You'll work closely with every employee at the company and learn a lot.
- Have 2+ years developer marketing experience
- Have enough of a developer background to "speak dev," and are passionate about the space
- Are organized, reliable, creative, and a great communicator
- Excel in a fast-paced environment where you're given freedom, resources, and clear goals
How We Operate
Our employees are empowered to take ownership of their initiatives, and to make decisions in line with our metrics and mission. That mission -- to inspire developers to build -- is firmly rooted in the belief that technology can bring about important change and improve lives.
We're small (~15 employees), growing, profitable, and the leaders in our space. Our office is in NYC but remote is welcome and we have several remote employees. We have a great culture with superb individuals who stay here an average of 6 years; the two biggest reasons employees say they stay are "the people" and "the impact."
Hours and compensation
- This is a full-time position
- We believe in work/life balance, and family/health always come first. Making an impact at work is a close second.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and the market
- Stock options
- Great benefits
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining why you'd be a great candidate.