Associate Project Manager (part-time)
Accounts | New York, NY | Part Time
At Devpost our mission is to help developers find fulfilling work. We have a large, global network of software developers who learn about software competitions and jobs on our platform. Our customers include Amazon, TechCrunch, Microsoft, Atlassian, Facebook, Intel, IBM, and many others.
This part-time role (10-20 hours per week) exists to help our customers and our lead project manager administer their software competitions. While in-person training in New York is ideal, we are open to the position being a remote one.
Developers consider Devpost their go-to channel for discovering and competing in the world’s best software competitions (hackathons), and for finding great jobs. The global market for new software and its makers is exploding, and we’re uniquely positioned to provide developers with a platform for what matters to them: personal growth, community, and professional opportunity.
Our culture is centered around a close relationship with our community, and a dedication to continuously improving our platform and ourselves to meet their needs. Our employees are empowered to take ownership of their own initiatives, and to make decisions in line with our metrics and mission. Our purpose is firmly rooted in the belief that technology can bring about important change and improve lives.
- Help our project manager create internal and client-facing project plans covering the set-up and implementation of competitions
- Help our project manager create and manage a detailed team calendar with client milestones and reminders
- Coordinate with our project manager, marketing, and customer support to ensure successful competition outcomes
- Handle various competition-related administrative tasks
- Have 0 - 5 years experience, though we are open to more years experience
- Are passionate about helping others and take pleasure in managing projects and exceeding client expectations
- Are responsible, detail-oriented, well-organized and enjoy keeping others organized
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well with teams
- Are loved by people who have worked with you
- Have the ability to thrive in a startup culture where priorities are clear but freedom is given to own your own work
Nice-to-have: Good writing skills
We’re more focused on deliverables than meetings. Everyone’s opinion is respected and all ideas are given equal consideration. It’s a culture of meaningful work by dedicated, hard-working individuals, but the environment is relaxed and creative too.
- Fair hourly rate
- Great learning opportunities in project management, technology, and startups
- Participation in company events
If interested, please include in a cover letter why you might be uniquely qualified for the position.