Technical Lead / Senior Developer
ICT | Amsterdam, Netherlands
Who are we
Did you always dream of a job that you find technically challenging, and have fun with the content of the project at the same time? With us you talk games, design games, make games and deliver games and we are now busy putting together a new technical team in Amsterdam, so if you have what it takes we want to hear from you!
In short, it is about supporting the organization in the development and supervision of development of quality products from internal or external development teams, from technical requirements, technical design to rollout and acceptance process.
The kind of projects you can be involved in, vary from supervising portal product or new REST APIs development, rolling-out new portal installations & migrating existing implementations, leading the acceptance of new casual games production (e.g. Facebook games, Multiplayer games), contribute to initiatives maturing the organization's infrastructure, leading mobile effort, etc. Lots of experience to gain and sharpen your technical skills! In detail it is about:
- Responsible for the production of technical requirements specification (Technical Design)
- Technically supervise the implementation according to the product and project requirements
- Supervise, defend and contribute to the documentation of the technical design
- Align with the technical counterpart leaders of external development parties
- Aid in QA plans, and safe-guard quality of the internal and external development teams deliverables
- Protect the smooth running of running projects & supervise maintenance tasks
- Coordinate roll-out of new portals
- Conduct technical reviews on internal and external team deliverables
- Provide input in the offering process of new projects (technical scope, estimates)
- Own the technical product deliverables
- Advice management in technical matters
- Contribute to technical deliverables and undertake ad-hoc and troubleshooting assignments assisting the technical team on challenging tasks. Be their mentor-by-example on good programming techniques where required.
(Team) Management Tasks
- Lead the day-to-day operations and progress of the internal technical team using Agile methodology (e.g Scrum)
- Ensure optimum communication & coordination between the technical team, and other parts of the organization (e.g. game production, content delivery, design) and the external development partners
- Assist with the selection and evaluation of the technical team members
You must be:
# ambitious to technically lead new initiatives for products delivered by internal and external teams (several locations in the Netherlands and Argentina)
# proud about getting things done right (and on time) and mentor others to follow your example
# passionate about technology that performs and scales in a way that motivate your team members
# responsible to lead rollouts of high-demand portal implementations that know millions of unique visitors
# proactive to identify improvements, flag risks and initiate problem-solving actions
Of course you need to have diverse skills, but do not let the absence of one skill intimate you! If you are the ideal candidate your past experiences has helped you build an armory to take down an army and that fighting spirit and experience in the dredges is really what we are looking for. We also know what you know: nobody can know everything. The technologies & experiences that help you stand out are:
- HBO in the field of computer science or equivalent or relevant work experience
- Previous experience in building and management of component-based projects and database-driven high traffic web portals.
- Architecture besides application design and development (e.g. OOP design patterns) also emphasis on deployment, security, performance and scalability
- Design and development of (REST) web services
- Hands-on experience with Solr and NoSQL technologies (e.g. Redis)
- Continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins), test driven development, automated testing and build (using ANT)
- Good communication (written and spoken) in English
- ....and it would be cool if you would already know: Facebook API, Smartfoxserver, JQuery, Actionscript and Dutch language
We offer a competitive salary and a fun and creative working environment in a fast growing company. Professionals who work with us feel at home in this relaxed working environment and have a great commitment to each other and to the company.
The company’s organizational structure gives them a lot of freedom to develop their skills and fully use their creativity.
If you are interested, please send your CV (and if you like you can write us why you liked us and why we should like you) or contact Wil Wernars