Accounting | Petoskey, MI | Full Time
Our team is growing! We are looking to add a full time, year round Tax Professional to our Petoskey team. This role will involve preparing individual tax returns, providing proactive tax planning to clients and preparing tax projections. The successful candidate will excel at building relationships and acting in an advising role to clients for their individual tax returns. The Tax Professional will interface with clients day to day and excellent communication skills are required.
Full time position with flexible hours outside of tax season. January-April 15 weekly hours will include overtime. We offer competitive salary, benefits and generous paid time off. This position will be located in our Petoskey office. Work culture supports professional office, team setting with work/life balance, including summer flex Friday arrangements and dress for your day attire. Internal and external opportunities for training to build skill sets and expertise.
- Strong foundation of tax and accounting knowledge
- Research issues, as needed, to prepare returns
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills and work quality
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines
- Suggests client tax planning ideas
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Professional attitude, demeanor, and appearance
- Team member that desires to help elevate positive culture and support needs of the firm
- At least three (3) years’ recent experience with individual tax return preparation
- Ability to build professional relationships with individuals in an advising role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Proficiency in use of technology, accounting and tax software programs
Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth (DGN) is Northern Michigan's largest locally owned, full service public accounting firm. Founded in 1973, the firm has locations in Traverse City and Petoskey with over 60 experienced, professional staff dedicated to providing outstanding professional services with a personal approach to businesses and individuals throughout the region. DGN is known for its comprehensive tax, audit, technology and business consultation services, with added expertise in the agribusiness, manufacturing, professional offices, government/nonprofits and oil and gas business sectors.
Our guiding principle since 1973 – “Our clients' success is our business.”