Senior Tax Accountant
Public Accounting | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
SUMMARYAdding to our team a Senior Tax Accountant responsible for timely preparation of complex tax returns. Works closely with one or more staff in completing engagements and provides coaching. Often interacts with clients directly regarding tax matters under guidance from a partner. Position focuses on trusted client relationships.
Full-time position with comprehensive, competitive salary, benefits and vacation package located in Traverse City, Michigan.
Work culture supports professional office, team setting with work/life balance, including summer flex Friday arrangements and dress for your day attire. Internal and external opportunities for training to build skill sets and expertise.
Opportunity for advancement based on experience and for career focused individual.
- Performs diversified accounting and tax assignments under direction of supervisor, manager or partner.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, in work quality and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Prepares and organizes work papers consistent with office processes.
- Prepares complicated tax returns.
- Suggests client tax planning ideas.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and partner signature; writes comments for management letters.
- Performs broad range of accountant duties in a professional office setting.
- At least three (3) years’ recent experience desired in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of tax knowledge and accounting tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Taxation preferred, or closely corresponding field.
- Holds a current and valid Certified Public Accountant’s license.
- A member in good standing with American Institute of CPAs.
- Proficiency in use of technology, accounting and tax software programs.
ABOUT US:Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth (DGN) is Northern Michigan's largest locally owned, full service public accounting firm. Founded in 1973, the firm is based in Traverse City, MI with over 40 experienced, professional staff dedicated to providing outstanding professional services with a personal approach to businesses and individuals throughout the region. DGN is known for its comprehensive tax, audit, technology and business consultation services, with added expertise in the agribusiness, manufacturing, professional offices, government/nonprofits and oil and gas business sectors.
Our guiding principle for over 40 years - our clients' success is our business.