Senior Audit Accountant
Public Accounting | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Public Accounting firm in Traverse City, Michigan actively seeking Senior Audit Accountant!
Seeking individuals with minimum of 3+ years comprehensive audit accounting experience, ideally recently in public accounting.
Full-time opportunity with competitive salary and benefit package including 401(k); generous vacation time; internal and external training opportunities to build skill sets and develop expertise; diverse, challenging assignments with focus on trusted client relationships.
Work environment that supports work/life balance, including summer flex Friday schedule.
Opportunity for advancement for career focused individual.
- Perform audit, review, compilation or accounting procedures.
- In-charge audits, including planning, directing fieldwork and guiding staff based on experience level.
- Document understanding of accounting systems and transaction flows, reviews and tests internal controls.
- Understand basic business environments and perform basic analytical procedures.
- Prepare financial statements and footnotes.
- Prepare working trial balance and adjusting journal entries.
- Maintain property and equipment records, and calculate depreciation and amortization.
- Prepare and reconcile account schedules as required.
- Responsible for documenting engagement planning.
- Perform year-end inventory observations.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills, time management skills, and inspire teamwork and engagement. Proficient use of technology, software and tools to enhance effectiveness of service.
- Develop competency in technical skills, in work quality and application of professional and firm standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Master’s Degree in Accounting; or closely related field.
- Minimum of forty (40) hours of continuing professional education required each year.
- Either hold a current and valid Certified Public Accountant’s license or be working toward obtaining license by taking and passing applicable state CPA exam.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs.
- Capable and motivated to provide our clients with excellent timely service.
- Efficient project management skills, excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills with clients and team members.
- Flexible and willing to work additional hours, when required.
Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth (DGN) is Northern Michigan's largest locally owned, full service public accounting firm.
Founded in 1973, the firm is based in Traverse City, MI with over 40 experienced, professional staff dedicated to providing outstanding professional services with a personal approach to businesses and individuals throughout the region.
DGN is known for its comprehensive tax, audit, technology and business consultation services, with added expertise in the agribusiness, manufacturing, professional offices, government/nonprofits and oil and gas business sectors.
Our guiding principle for over 40 years - our clients' success is our business.