Senior Audit Accountant
Public Accounting | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Seeking individuals with minimum of 3+ years of comprehensive audit accounting experience, including recent public accounting experience for our Traverse City, Michigan office location.
Full-time opportunity with competitive benefit package including 401(k); generous vacation time; internal and external training opportunities to build skill sets and develop expertise; diverse, challenging assignments with focus on trusted client relationships.
Work environment that supports work/life balance with summer flex Friday schedule.
Opportunity for advancement for career focused individual.
- Perform audit, review, compilation or accounting procedures as assigned by supervisors.
- In-charge audits, including planning, directing fieldwork and guiding staff based on experience level.
- Document understanding of accounting systems and transaction flows, reviews and tests internal controls.
- Understand basic business environments and perform basic analytical procedures.
- Prepare financial statements and footnotes.
- Prepare working trial balance and adjusting journal entries.
- Maintain property and equipment records, and calculate depreciation and amortization.
- Prepare and reconcile account schedules as required.
- Responsible for documenting engagement planning.
- Perform year-end inventory observations.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills, time management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology, software and tools to enhance effectiveness of deliverables and service.
- Develop a relationship with engagement-related clients.
- Develop competency in technical skills, in work quality and application of professional and firm standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Master’s Degree in accounting.
- Minimum of forty (40) hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- Either hold a current and valid Certified Public Accountant’s license or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs.
- Capable and motivated to provide our clients with excellent timely service.
- Efficient project management skills, including multi-tasking by managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills with clients and team members.
- Flexible and willing to work additional hours, when required.
Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth (DGN) is Northern Michigan's largest locally owned, full service public accounting firm.
Founded in 1973, the firm is based in Traverse City, MI with over 40 experienced, professional staff dedicated to providing outstanding professional services with a personal approach to businesses and individuals throughout the region.
DGN is known for its comprehensive tax, audit, technology and business consultation services, with added expertise in the agribusiness, manufacturing, professional offices, government/nonprofits and oil and gas business sectors.
Our guiding principle for over 40 years - our clients' success is our business.