Senior Accountant to Manager
Public Accounting | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Public accounting firm in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan seeking experienced Tax and Audit candidates Senior Accountant to Manager level!
In a Senior Accountant or Manager capacity, you will work closely with experienced professionals to perform broad and diverse duties in tax, audit, or general accounting areas in a full service accounting firm.
Depending on experience and area of placement, duties could involve:
- preparing or reviewing financial statements;
- performing audit preparation and internal control reviews;
- planning and consulting on tax engagements;
- preparation and review of tax returns;
- planning and scheduling client engagements;
- coaching and guiding work flow of other professional staff;
- conducting or providing oversight on account analysis, reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets, forecasts, regulatory reports, monthly accounting close procedures, and special projects.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive compensation, benefits package, 401k;
- Work environment that supports work/life balance with summer flex Friday arrangements;
- Internal and external training opportunities to build skill sets and develop expertise;
- Focus on trusted client relationships.
1. At least 3-5 years’ experience desired in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of tax knowledge, auditing and accounting tasks.
2. Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in accounting or taxation.
3. Hold a current and valid Certified Public Accountant’s license and should be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs.
4. Performs diverse accounting, auditing and tax assignments under direction of Supervisor, Manager or Partner.
5. Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, application of professional and firm standards.
6. Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth (DGN) is Northern Michigan's largest locally owned, full service public accounting firm.
Founded in 1973, the firm is based in Traverse City, MI with over 40 experienced, professional staff dedicated to providing outstanding professional services with a personal approach to businesses and individuals throughout the region.
DGN is known for its comprehensive tax, audit, technology and business consultation services, with added expertise in the agribusiness, manufacturing, professional offices, government/nonprofits and oil and gas business sectors.
Our guiding principle for over 40 years - our clients' success is our business.