Seasonal Tax Preparer
Public Accounting | Traverse City, MI | Temporary
Local Traverse City accounting firm providing opportunity for 2021 Seasonal Tax Preparers!
Seasonal professional staff play a critical role serving a range of clients while being part of a dynamic team environment. This is an opportunity to leverage tax preparation expertise during the firm's traditional "busy season" of February through mid-April, while also gaining valuable experience.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide accurate and timely tax preparation and support services to firm while working on a diverse group of clients.
- Prepare Federal, State and Local tax returns primarily including individuals, trusts and some small business entities depending on level of experience (Forms 1040 and 1041).
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in tax preparation and compliance services.
- Candidate must be detail oriented with ability to multi-task. Excellent organizational and computer, spreadsheet skills required.
- Bachelor's degree and CPA candidates preferred.
Work Schedule: February – April 2021, 40 – 60 hours weekly (flexible).
Pay Rate: Rate commensurate to experience
Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth (DGN) is Northern Michigan's largest locally owned, full service public accounting firm. Founded in 1973, the firm is based in Traverse City, MI with over 40 experienced, professional staff dedicated to providing outstanding professional services with a personal connection to businesses and individuals throughout the region. DGN is known for its comprehensive tax, audit, technology and business consultation services, with added expertise in the agribusiness, manufacturing, professional offices, government/nonprofits and oil and gas business sectors. Our guiding principle for over 40 years - our clients' success is our business.