Front Desk Coordinator/Front Desk Manager
Professional Medical Office | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Grand Traverse Ophthalmology Clinic actively seeking a Front Desk Coordinator/Front Desk Manager.
Serving for more than 70 years as the largest multiple specialty group in Northern Michigan, Grand Traverse Ophthalmology Clinic (GTOC) is dedicated to bringing the highest quality health care in a friendly, comfortable environment.
This position will facilitate efficient operations of the front desk department while interacting professionally with our doctors, staff, patients, and outside resources. The position with also exemplify our mission statement - “Serving the people, communities, and physicians in northern Michigan with unsurpassed medical and surgical eye care in an environment of kindness and dignity.”
Role based in Traverse City office part of a collaborative medical practice providing comprehensive care across three office locations in Traverse City, Petoskey and Sault Ste. Marie.
- Facilitate smooth and professional daily operations of our Traverse City front desk department including ability to jump into any front desk position (including surgery scheduling) to help where needed.
- Collaborate with and support other department coordinators to assure workflow efficiency across GTOC.
- Recruit, hire, train, retain, and terminate staff as needed.
- Participate in weekly coordinator meetings.
- Responsible for Front Desk HIPAA compliance including providing staff education.
- Responsible for troubleshooting minor computer problems/errors.
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to use various software programs such as NextGen (EPM,EHR, Document Management, Optical Management, Portal, Rosetta), Windows, and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, One Note, Outlook).
- Continually monitor department workflows for efficiency and appropriateness.
- Organize and hold front desk staff meetings as needed.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty accurately and with a high degree of professionalism. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain professional and courteous demeanor throughout day.
- Ability to articulate thoughts clearly and interact professionally with others.
- Ability to professionally represent the organization while out in community.
- Proficient with computers.
- Ability to use stress management skills.
- Ability to resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Must be organized.
- Good spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Prior management experience required. Bachelors program preferred.
- Proficient in the English language (both written and spoken).
- Proficient in basic math skills and ability to perform more advanced math calculations.
Please NOTE: Position recruitment being supported by Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth (DGN) on behalf of GTOC for this direct placement opportunity.