Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Accounting/Finance | Traverse City, MI | Part Time
Strata Design is one of the largest independent manufacturers of commercial casework and store fixtures in Michigan servicing all of North America. Since 1988, Strata Design has been dedicated to manufacturing and installing the highest quality modular commercial casework, plastic laminate furniture, and store fixtures for hospitals &medical office buildings, universities and schools, retail stores, sports & hospitality venues and financial institutions.
With annual sales currently exceeding 6.5M and consistent growth of 20% per year, we are looking to add a part-time executive proficient in analyzing current financials as well as strategic planning for future growth.
Strata Design is seeking a part-time professional as our Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. We have a strong accounting department that would benefit from a seasoned professional to lead efforts in contract review, job costing, and strategic planning. Must have experience in manufacturing or construction setting in a similar role. Expected hours 10-20 per week; should be flexible to work more as workload mandates.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Monthly and quarterly metric review and presentation at Stakeholder Board Meetings
- Advises and collaborates directly with executive management on financial decisions
- Job costing analysis and recommendations
- Review contracts and recommend amendments where appropriate
- Assists in full utilization of estimating module in ERP system
- Reviews industry benchmarking data and identifies internal opportunities for improvement.
- Advises equipment purchases, cost savings, lean and other initiatives
- Creates and presents pro forma statements
- Reviews financials, resolves issues and implements strong processes. Oversees cash, investments, and asset management to ensure availability of funds.
- Coordinates, develops, and monitors budgets across departments and full organization.
- Prepares and works with CPA firm in tax filings and year-end information to ensure documents filed in accordance to meet deadlines set by financial institutes and state/federal government entities. May manage these responsibilities independently based on experience and licensure.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely corresponding field. CPA license preferred, but not required. MBA or MS in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Experience in a similar role in manufacturing or construction environment
- Work is both independent and collaborative in nature.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
Work performed in a professional office environment. Additional hours worked at different times throughout year to assist with fiscal schedules, deadlines.
Information contained in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Cerny Industries DBA Strata Design Inc. is an at will employer.
NOTE: Recruitment efforts being supported by Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth for this direct hire opportunity.