Custom Design & Construction | Traverse City, MI | Part Time
Strata Design is one of the largest independent manufacturers of commercial casework and store fixtures in Michigan servicing all of North America. Since 1988, Strata Design has been dedicated to manufacturing and installing the highest quality modular commercial casework, plastic laminate furniture, and store fixtures for hospitals &medical office buildings, universities and schools, retail stores, sports & hospitality venues and financial institutions.
Strata Design is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Offer or Controller for our (reputable, passionate, long standing company) based in Traverse City, MI! Experience in Construction, Manufacturing, and QuickBooks are a plus.
Candidate may work remotely, however would be required to be on site at least twice a month for meetings.
Expected hours 10-20 per week; should be flexible to work more as workload mandates.
- Acts as financial advisor to company providing financial analysis, planning and implementation, budget control, application of accounting methods and profit and loss reporting tied to company and fiscal timetables and guidelines. Primary day-to-day responsibility for financial and strategic initiatives of the company. Interacts directly with executive management on financial decisions and directions made on behalf of company.
- Monthly and quarterly metric review and presentation at Stakeholder Board Meetings.
- Special projects such as proforma statements, equipment purchases, cost savings, lean and other initiatives
- Reviews industry benchmarking data and identifies internal opportunities for improvement.
- Position oversees and provides back up for bookkeeper (payroll, invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable activities) to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions, oversees maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures, ensures timeliness, accuracy of financial and management reporting.
- Establishes and manages financial and accounting policies, procedure and priorities. Creates and manages budget; provides accurate and timely cash flow projections. Acts as a subject matter expert to company and understands industry trends.
- Reviews financials, resolves issues and implements strong processes. Oversees cash, investments, and asset management to ensure availability of funds.
- Coordinates development and monitoring of budgets across departments and full organization.
- Performs job reviews and tracking and makes recommendations to executive management.
- Maintains, reviews, and understands company contracts in coordination with financial responsibilities.
- Prepares and works with CPA firm in tax filings and year-end information to ensure documents filed in accordance to meet deadlines set by financial institutes and state/federal government entities. May manage these responsibilities independently based on experience and licensure.
- Ensures company is in tax compliance with all, required local, state and federal government filings and entities.
- Follows all workplace processes and standards, and may perform other duties may be assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or closely corresponding field. CPA license preferred, but not required. MBA or MS in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years progressively responsible, recent financial leadership experience desired.
- Demonstrates excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel (pivot tables, financial formulas, etc.) and technology acumen.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a dynamic environment. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- High proficiency in writing and communication skills.
- Work is both independent and collaborative in nature.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
Work performed in a professional office environment. Additional hours worked at different times throughout year to assist with fiscal schedules, deadlines.
Information contained in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. Cerny Industries DBA Strata Design Inc. is an at will employer.
NOTE: Recruitment efforts being supported by Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth for this direct hire opportunity.