Administrative Support | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Our public accounting firm has been in service for over 47 years in northern Michigan, and continues to grow our comprehensive tax, audit, small business, financial and business advisory services.
This energetic and motivated Bookkeeper will be responsible for a broad range of duties, including maintaining accurate books, accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, payroll, report generation and reconciliations.
Our clients' success is our business is our guiding principle.
- Manages client billings, application of payments, and collections on accounts.
- Records cash receipts and makes bank deposits.
- Processes vendor bills for payment, ensuring accurate and timely payment.
- Conducts daily banking activities to ensure adequate cash levels.
- Performs account reconciliations to third-party records, such as bank statements.
- Maintains an accurate and organized accounting system.
- Follows accounting policies and procedures.
- Processes payroll in a timely manner.
- Processes employee expense reimbursements.
- Compilation of accurate and timely financial statements.
- Provides clerical and administrative support to management as requested, including various management reports.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- Associate’s degree or higher in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- Demonstrates excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- · Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, attention to detail.
- · Maintains confidentiality and thinks innovatively to make suggestions for improvement.
- · Ability to work quickly and accurately in a dynamic environment.
- · Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- · 5+ years of related experience, preferably in a professional-services setting.
Work performed in a professional office environment. Overtime work may be required at different times throughout year.
Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth (DGN) is northern Michigan's largest locally owned, full service public accounting firm. With offices located in both Traverse City and Petoskey, DGN has over 55 experienced, professional staff dedicated to providing outstanding professional services with a personal connection to businesses and individuals throughout the region. DGN is known for its comprehensive tax, audit, and business consultation services, with added expertise in the agribusiness, manufacturing, professional offices, government/nonprofits and oil and gas business sectors. Our guiding principle for over 47 years – Our clients' success is our business. www.dgncpa.com
Information contained in this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. DGN is an at will employer.