Administrative Support Specialist
Administrative Support | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
DGN is adding a full time Administrative Support Specialist!
Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth is the largest locally owned accounting firm in northern Michigan and we continue to grow. We are adding a full time Administrative Support Specialist to our team. This is a critical position within our organization and requires someone whose strengths include attention to detail, consistency, and reliability.
If you enjoy creating professional documents, utilizing a variety of software, and find it rewarding to meet hard deadlines, we would like to meet you! The current team is positive and supportive of each other so the right fit within that team is important to us.
- Utilize various programs to perform data entry, maintain files, and create client communication
- Support all departments by generating documents, proofing documents, and readying client files for final submission
- Organize electronic and paper files utilizing complex firm systems and programs
- Meticulously inspect and create documents with extreme accuracy and organization with a high proficiency in MS Office
- Able to consistently meet due dates and deadlines and to work overtime when needed
- At least three years of recent professional office experience in accounting, finance, or similar office setting
- Expert in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and office equipment
- Associates degree or higher preferred with a concentration in accounting, finance, or business
- A collaborative team member willing to cross train, improve systems, and support others
- Excellent communication skills including ability to create documents that are professional, grammatically correct, and well written.
- Medical insurance effective immediately upon hire
- Three weeks of paid time off annually
- Compensation based on experience
- Additional benefits include 401k profit sharing, life insurance, disability, paid holidays
We are a true work community that cares about employees on a personal level. Our team enjoys informal outings, stress busters during tax season, and meeting virtually to maintain our connection. We are invested in your growth and are looking for someone that wants a long term career at a professional company.
“DGN is a great work home where everyone is encouraged to share their knowledge so all can reach their highest potential; for the individual and our clients. Also, one of the Partners makes the best popcorn in the world.” -Amy, member of our administrative support team since 2018
DGN was named one of America’s Best Tax Firms for 2021 by Forbes Magazine. Of the 278 firms selected, DGN was the only firm based in northern Michigan.
Please include a letter of introduction with your resume.
All candidates subject to a background check.