Administrative Support | Traverse City, MI | Part Time, Temporary, and Internship
Our Administrative Intern is given a variety of accounting and general business assignments under supervision of a professional office setting. This is a paid, short-term internship generally January – April. This position is an excellent opportunity to receive hands-on experience working alongside professionals with years of public accounting experience.
- Monitors tasks, projects to ensure all work completed in a timely manner.
- Attends various departmental meetings to support processes.
- Responsible for the upkeep of electronic and non-electronic documentation utilizing various, complex firm systems, programs.
- Performs scanning of client files.
- Performs various backup administrative responsibilities as needed, including possible light phone system coverage.
- Helps maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance of common areas
- Supports outgoing and incoming daily mail, as well as interoffice mail.
- Supports internal office event coordination as needed, including participating in meal coordination and preparation as necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Recent professional office setting and/or accounting firm experience desired.
- Highly organized and able to meet due dates and deadlines. Demonstrates sense of urgency, courtesy, and promptness in service.
- Demonstrates competency in problem solving skills, ability to adapt, and be flexible as circumstances warrant.
- Experience with MS Office products, particularly Excel. Strong computer savvy and eager to learn new computer programs.
- Part time position requiring 20-24 hours per week with ability to work more as needed a plus.
Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth (DGN) is Northern Michigan's largest locally owned, full service public accounting firm. Founded in 1973, the firm is based in Traverse City, MI with over 40 experienced, professional staff dedicated to providing outstanding professional services with a personal touch to businesses and individuals throughout the region. DGN is known for its comprehensive tax, audit, technology and business consultation services, with added expertise in the agribusiness, manufacturing, professional offices, government/nonprofits and oil and gas business sectors. Our guiding principle for over 40 years - our clients' success is our business.