Custom Design & Construction | Traverse City, MI | Full Time
Custom design and construction company actively seeking an ACCOUNTANT.
A locally owned business since 1974 based in Traverse City with dedicated craftsman and professional staff providing superior, comprehensive client service and high quality construction outcomes.
Full-time position, competitive salary.
- Key responsibilities involve finance, analysis and administrative tasks. Position responsible for direction of day-to-day company accounting tasks. Direction of office operations and client interactions. Management of month-end accounting close process, and performing various other tasks as required.
- Assist and support production of monthly, quarterly and yearly accounting closing processes, including transactions pertaining to payroll and tax reporting processes.
- Ability to demonstrate a knowledge of business processes pertaining to construction environment.
- Support financial planning, reporting and analysis.
- Prepare, analyze and monitor expenses.
- Facilitate processing of and direct the tracking of approved business transactions in appropriate systems, when necessary obtain approvals from appropriate levels in accordance with accounting practices.
- Prepare and manage client billing, recording transfers, making and tracking deposits.
- Assist with writing and updating departmental policies and procedures when necessary.
- Correspondence and coordination within a team environment required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, finance or similarly related field required.
- Five to seven years of experience in a finance/accounting environment required.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel (pivot tables, financial formulas, etc). High degree of technology acumen using Google Apps, iOS, QuickBooks; paperless/iCloud based systems using various forms of spreadsheets and documentation automation.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a dynamic environment.
Recruitment supported by Dennis, Gartland & Niergarth human resources. Direct hire position.