Senior Sales Analyst
Sales Operations | St. Helena, CA | Full Time
Demeine Estates is a wine sales and marketing company that was launched in July 2020 to supports a growing collection of wine estates in Napa Valley. The collection includes Heitz Cellar, Burgess Cellars, and Stony Hill Vineyards, all wineries with a deep legacy in Napa Valley, as well as four new, soon-to-be-launched, brands that are anchored by distinct estate vineyards. Demeine Estates is an important component of the ambitious vision of the Lawrence family and its growing wine enterprise that all began with the purchase of Heitz Wine Cellar in April 2018.
The Lawrence family has embarked on a growth strategy that entails building a significant portfolio of artisanal, estate driven brands - both heritage and newly created brands. The portfolio will also include other family-owned international producers who share the Lawrence’s passion for exceptional wines anchored by quality viticulture.
The primary role of the Senior Sales Analyst will be to support the wholesale team with timely reporting and analytics. This role will partner with the FP&A team of Lawrence Wine Estates to facilitate digital transformation: implementing and championing cloud-based planning and reporting tools.
- Develop, monitor, and publish various reports and scorecards to support the wholesale regional managers, including, but not limited to:
- Shipment & Depletion Reports
- Pricing and Channel Management Reporting (target accounts, points-of-distribution (POD), distributor inventory, chargebacks, etc.)
- A liaison for Wholesaler Finance and Pricing Portfolio management teams
- Develop and maintain KPI dashboards in a cloud-based tool
- Embrace and champion new technologies to facilitate digital transformation of numerous reports and analyses to improve reporting efficiency and scalability
- Assist with development of the wholesale CRM tool
- Partner with the FP&A team on wholesale budgeting and forecasting
- Strive for continuous improvement of reporting processes
- Analyze sales results and provide insights to the wholesale team
- Analyze sales run rates and provide insights to facilitate better sales and operations planning (S&OP)
- Monitor industry trends
- Ad hoc analysis
- Bachelor's Degree with significant coursework or work experience in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Data Science or similar areas of study
- 3-5 years of business-related experience with a quantitative focus
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced analytics skills, including comfort manipulating and analyzing large datasets, experience building complex and dynamic Excel models, and familiarity with BI / visualization tools (Power BI preferred)
- Experience with cloud-based CRM tools (e.g. GreatVines) is a plus
- Familiarity with Beverage Alcohol category preferred
- Advanced experience with Neilson or IRI san data is a plus
- Advanced experience with wine industry data sources (e.g. ViP) is a plus
- Familiarity with data infrastructure and ability to write queries (SQL preferred) is a plus
- Desire and ability to learn new tools quickly
- Passion for continuous, self-driven learning with a mindset for continuous improvement
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving, often in situations that are ambiguous
- Willingness to work extended hours when needed
- Strong communication skills: written and oral. Ability to communicate with employees at all levels
- Ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience with Microsoft NAV (now Business Central) or similar ERP systems is a plus
- Data Science coursework is a plus
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Employee must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Driver’s License, and be insurable by company standards.
Demeine Estates offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, disability, Employee Assistance Program, retirement, and paid time off.
Each qualified candidate is invited to submit a resume and cover letter.