Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A
Finance | Napa, CA | Full Time | Opened 29 days ago
This role supports a collection of affiliated wine estates, including Heitz Cellar, a winery with a deep legacy in Napa Valley, as well as Demeine Estates, a fine wine négociant that serves as the sales and marketing partner for each of the wine estates. Demeine Estates was founded in 2019 by Gaylon Lawrence and Master Sommelier and CEO Carlton McCoy. Demeine’s initial focus is to partner with extraordinary winemakers to launch several new estate brands in order to fully realize the potential of a collection of more than 500 acres of distinct Napa Valley vineyards. All the new estates will honor traditional wine styles and prioritize natural farming techniques in order to create pure and balanced wines of the highest quality. Demeine will also seek to partner with great estates from around the world to represent them in the U.S. market. This endeavor creates a unique work culture where winemaking and vineyard traditions are honored, but the spirit is entrepreneurial.
The primary role of the Senior Financial Analyst will be to support the CFO in the development of scalable FP&A processes, tools, and reports in a growing and rapidly evolving environment. As the position will report directly to the CFO, a strong performer in this role will have ample opportunity to take on increased responsibilities and advance quickly within the organization.
- Develop and prepare various monthly reports to keep management informed, while embracing technology to improve reporting efficiency and scalability
- Develop and maintain KPI dashboards in a cloud-based tool
- Key role in all budgeting and forecasting
- Help establish the FP&A team as a Center of Excellence for reporting and planning, championing the use of modern cloud-based tools and data infrastructure across the organization
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assist with digital transformation of numerous reports and analyses used across the Company
- Valuation modeling (evaluating new business opportunities)
- Strive for continuous improvement of FP&A processes
- Bachelor's Degree with significant coursework or work experience in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar areas of study.
- 3-5 years of business-related experience with a quantitative focus
- MBA desirable, especially in lieu of ample relevant work experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to build interactive business models that are easy to follow
- Ability to work with complex data from disparate sources
- Advanced analytics skills, including comfort manipulating and analyzing large datasets, experience building complex and dynamic Excel models, and familiarity with BI / visualization tools (Power BI preferred)
- Experience with cloud-based business planning tools (e.g. Anaplan or Adaptive) is a plus
- Familiarity with data infrastructure and ability to write queries (SQL preferred) is a plus
- Desire and ability to learn new tools quickly
- Passion for continuous, self-driven learning with a mindset for continuous improvement
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving, often in situations that are ambiguous
- Willingness to work extended hours when needed
- Strong communication skills: written and oral. Ability to communicate with employees at all levels
- Ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience with Microsoft NAV (now Business Central) or similar ERP systems is a plus
- Data Science coursework is a plus
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Other Requirements: Employee must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Driver’s License, and be insurable by company standards.
Benefits: Demeine offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, disability, Employee Assistance Program, retirement, and paid time off.
To Apply: Each qualified candidate is invited to submit a resume and cover letter.