Finance | Yountville, CA | Full Time
This role supports a collection of affiliated wine estates, including Heitz Cellar, a winery with a deep legacy in Napa Valley, as well as Demeine Estates, a fine wine négociant that serves as the sales and marketing partner for each of the wine estates. Demeine Estates was founded in 2019 by Gaylon Lawrence and Master Sommelier and CEO Carlton McCoy. Demeine’s initial focus is to partner with extraordinary winemakers to launch several new estate brands in order to fully realize the potential of a collection of more than 500 acres of distinct Napa Valley vineyards. All the new estates will honor traditional wine styles and prioritize natural farming techniques in order to create pure and balanced wines of the highest quality. Demeine will also seek to partner with great estates from around the world to represent them in the U.S. market. This endeavor creates a unique work culture where winemaking and vineyard traditions are honored, but the spirit is entrepreneurial.
The primary role of the Accounting Assistant will be to support several accounting functions across multiple affiliated entities. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this position will be an integral part of a dynamic accounting team in supporting a growing and evolving organization. The ideal candidate will embrace and assist with implementation of new technologies where appropriate in order to help build an efficient and scalable accounting and financial reporting operation.
- Accounts Receivable
- Wine related tax filings and payments
- ERP setup and maintenance tasks
- Item card setup
- Maintain pricing schedules
- Customer cards
- Vendor cards
- Assist Accounts Payable with modernization (transition to OCR technology)
- Assist with inventory management (tracking, transfers, location reconciliations, etc.)
- Inventory (tracking, transfers, location reconciliations, etc.)
- Audit support and assistance with year-end financial statement preparation.
- Support the Corporate Controller with reporting and analysis
- Support/liaison for annual audit
- Responsible for additional ad hoc projects and reporting, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but significant accounting related experience would suffice
- 3+ years of accounting work experience preferred
- Experience in the wine industry or other CPG industry is a plus
- Proficient skills in Excel and with other Microsoft office programs
- Experience with a modern ERP, notably Microsoft Navision or Business Central, is highly desirable
- Willingness to work extended hours when needed, especially in the first several months as the organization undergoes system and process modernization
- Strong communication skills: written and oral
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Other Requirements: Employee must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Driver’s License, and be insurable by company standards.
Benefits: Demeine offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, disability, Employee Assistance Program, retirement, and paid time off.
To Apply: Each qualified candidate is invited to submit a resume and cover letter.