Finance/Accounting | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is the most comprehensive and accurate source for data insights and analytics on the healthcare provider and influencer market. Its product suite provides the most comprehensive and highest quality data available anywhere on 8,800 hospitals and IDNs; 135,000 physician groups; 1.7 million physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals; 11,000 ambulatory surgery centers; 15,800 imaging centers; 85,500 long-term care facilities; 40,000 clinics; 1,800 ACOs and HIEs; 5.7 billion medical commercial claims covering 315 million patient lives, and insights on millions of Key Opinion Leaders in life sciences and healthcare. The company’s data provides its 2,500+ clients with the analytics and insight needed to effectively segment and research the healthcare provider market. Definitive Healthcare is backed by 22C Capital, Advent International, and Spectrum Equity.
- Reporting to the CFO, the Vice President FP&A is a strategic business partner who adds value by developing and presenting accurate and pertinent financial guidance. S/he is responsible for providing forward looking financial analysis and reporting and developing and implementing robust procedures that create accurate, timely, and relevant financial statements, measurements, forecasts, plans, projections and business analysis. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader that is ready to roll up their sleeves and dive into the data/systems/models/etc. themselves. S/he will ensure a cohesive and consistent approach to FP&A is taken across the organization and that significant variances from planned or forecasted results are identified, understood with recommended corrective actions communicated to senior leadership. This role will ensure financial objectives are achieved, while focusing on continuous improvement and frequent communications with the CFO and key stakeholders across the business to drive financial performance.
- Oversee the FP&A organization, partner with CFO and senior leadership team to provide value-added insight into the business
- Develop and implement financial reporting and control systems in accordance with corporate guidelines and financial policy
- Review, select and implement financial planning tools and technology, utilize business analytics to identify and execute new ways to create true business insights
- Create actionable management reporting and dynamic dashboards to drive a deep understanding of financial and operational performance, using key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Leverages financial expertise and robust business acumen to provide comprehensive decision support, actively contributes to the creation of strategic and tactical plans
- Prepare a reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive KPI reporting, operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances, and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that is linked to strategic objectives
- Develop and monitor the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts, including establishing budget tools, setting timelines, and ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time
- Lead the monthly forecasting process and prepare and present the standard forecast deck during the monthly review meetings
- Ensures accurate and timely tracking of the financial impact (both P&L and cash flow) for all significant business/operational initiatives
- Provides meaningful variance analysis comparing financial results with all relevant comparison points
- Support all acquisition efforts, including valuation, due diligence and post-merger integration
- Prepare executive presentations, including financial reporting, comprehensive business analyses and recommendations to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Create a culture of FP&A excellence where the function is viewed as a strategic partner and expert on financial matters providing guidance and assistance to other functional groups as needed
- Lead, motivate, develop, and retain a high-quality team.
- At least 12 years of total experience with a minimum of 8 years direct FP&A experience; deep familiarity with financial accounting, modeling, and analysis
- Software, SAAS and healthcare experience is highly preferred
- Track record of success in fast paced, high growth environments
- Prior experience leading the FP&A functions
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving, with advanced Excel skills and affinity for managing large and complex data sets
- Strategic thinker across competitive strategy, business models and financial management
- Foundational experience in best in class organizations or investment banking / private equity experience is a plus
- Prior experience implementing company-wide technology and process changes within the FP&A function is a plus
- Brings a collaborative and partnership-oriented style, with the ability to work cross functionally and manage competing organizational priorities and agendas
- Excellent communication skills, able to effectively manage and engage internal stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills with advanced PowerPoint skills a plus
- Strong executive presence with the ability to lead change and drive execution
- High energy and self-motivated, with a hands-on style
- Team-oriented with the ability to help attract and retain top talent in the finance function
- Former PE-backed experience is preferred
- Public Company experience is a plus
- BS degree required with an advanced degree in Finance/data analytics a plus.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- DefinitiveCares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!