Vice President, Sales Engineering
Sales | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have 300 employees in the Framingham office by the end of the year. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a strategic Vice President of Sales Engineering. If you would like to leave your mark on a fast-growing company by forming and scaling a new department, keep reading!
The Sales Engineering team works closely with the sales organization throughout the sales process to demonstrate and reinforce the value of Definitive Healthcare’s product suite. They develop sales approaches and present technical presentations to prospects and customers that clearly show how our data solution is the best fit for each of our client’s strategic needs. As the Vice President of Sales Engineering, you will build and scale a team of high-performing Sales Engineers that will help take our sales process to the next level.
You will work cross-departmentally and with executive leadership to enable an environment where Sales Engineering’s perspective on the needs of a prospect and the value Definitive Healthcare’s solutions have been communicated effectively.
Here are some things you will tackle:
- Recruit, develop, improve, and maintain the Sales Engineering organization and processes to successfully meet and exceed the company’s sales and revenue goals.
- Partner closely with sales management to ensure the successful sale and deployment of company solutions across all vertical industries and customer personas.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate the value of Definitive Healthcare’s solution and develop methodologies to scale successful approaches to complex and technical sales.
- Develop, operationalize, and manage a process / system to effectively participate in and win at competitive RFPs in support growing our enterprise client base
What you’ll need:
- 5-10 years of management experience with a proven track record of success.
- 2-5 years of experience leading a sales engineering organization.
- Demonstrated and proven experience as a high-performing sales individual
- Sales experience in the healthcare industry and working within a business intelligence or SaaS company.
- Ability to understand business problems of C-level executives and discuss these problems and present & prepare solutions.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to identify trends and patterns.
- Proven proficiency in running metrics-driven and process-oriented organizations.
- Proven ability to act in a player/coach role and mentor team members.
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”