Product Strategy | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as the #4 Best Place to Work in the midsize category, the 10th fastest growing private company in Massachusetts, and ranked #611 nationally on the Inc. 5000 list; Definitive has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced UI Developer to join our Product Strategy Team. If you would like to work on a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
Definitive Healthcare is looking for a new full stack developer who specializes in front-end, user interface development. As our new UI Developer, you will develop on our product of online databases, which currently supports approximately 25,000 users, by taking business requirements and solid wireframes and working to transform them into high, quality finished product. You will work with a team of software developers on designing, programming, testing, and maintaining web application code.
This position requires strong design acumen, with a focus on how our products engage users and draw insights based on our core intelligence. The right candidate for this job is highly skilled in the development of robust, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Execute the full lifecycle of software development, including requirements generation, prototyping , implementation, testing, and deployment
- Bridge the gap between UI design and technical implementation, while taking an active role in both
- Seek to improve the user experience by making web page interactions simple, easy and effective (e.g. search features and functionality)
- Solicit feedback from various stakeholders including Sales, Customer Success, and Product Development
- Partner with Product Strategy and other members of the software development team to define appropriate business and technical requirements and set priorities
- Deliver fully-functional web pages that are simple, easy to use, and properly store and retrieve data that meet the defined business and technical requirements
- Conduct usability testing to resolve interface issues
- Develop appropriate web application design patterns and frameworks to attain high reusability and maintainability
- Build up and contribute to the UI/UX design standards used among the team
What you’ll need:
- 3 – 5 years of hands-on experience as a UI developer; minimum 5 years’ experience as a web application developer
- Experience in .NET framework, ASPX development, and SQL Server development
- Exposure to AngularJS/Kendo UI Frameworks preferred
- A desire and willingness to be involved in the front end design
- Fluent knowledge of website navigation, browser/device differences and the ability to deliver seamless responsive experiences
- Demonstrated experience in user interface testing, including manual or regression testing models
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past web development experience and a track record of delivering quality work on time
- Passion and an eye toward user-centered design
- Superior attention to detail and craftsmanship
- An understanding of information architecture
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple competing priorities and projects, and meet deadlines
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”