Talent Development Director
HR | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have 400 employees in the Framingham office by the end of the year. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Our expansion has created the need for a Director of Talent Development to oversee efforts to build our organization's ability and capacity. Specifically, we are seeking a creative, resourceful and integrative thinker to elevate the way we improve the knowledge, skills, and capabilities of our employees, enabling them develop and achieve their potential, so that the company can succeed and grow.
What you’ll do:
- Lead onboarding, learning and development, performance management, and succession planning efforts
- Develop engaging learning and development experiences by establishing a framework of clear learning objectives and using strong instructional design, content acquisition/development/curation, and learning program delivery skills
- Implement programs for professional, leader/managerial, and compliance training, leveraging appropriate learning modalities to deliver impactful learning experiences
- Partner with functional leads and trainers on technical training strategy and design, centralized branding & communication, and content development
- Understand business strategies and identify/diagnose learning and skill gaps and opportunities. Provide recommendations on skill development, knowledge transmission, and learning opportunities address both the short-term and long-term talent needs
- Lead performance management, succession planning, career development, mentoring, coaching and leadership programs in partnership with HR, managers and leadership.
- Establish, track and iterate measurement to improve effectiveness of learning and talent development. Analyze and evaluate results based on impact to learning, behaviors and business results. Provide insights to drive decisions about development programs
- Lead/manage large scale projects with multiple stakeholders and ensure quality program delivery. Identify appropriate vendors to assist in program design and execution, and maintain vendor relationships over time
- Manage a team of learning & leadership development team members and partner with key stakeholders to successfully execute their learning and development plans
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of organizational development, talent development, or related experience
- Minimum of 3 years effectively managing a team of talent/development professionals
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of effective learning, training, and talent development approaches
- Expertise in design and development of training solutions
- Demonstrated track record in creating the new and different, implementing innovative approaches to talent development challenges, as well as ability to translate strategy into action
- Expert storyteller and presenter, with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proven executor with outstanding project management skills and track record of “getting things done”.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPLP) is a plus
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Support from talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.” -Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.” -Research Analyst
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.” -Profile Analyst
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!