Senior Software Engineer
Software Development | Framingham, MA | Full Time
Definitive Healthcare is a rapidly growing data and analytics provider of the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and integrated information on hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Recently honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of the 10 fastest-growing private companies in Massachusetts and named THE BEST large company to work for on Business Journal’s Best Places to Work list published in June 2019, Definitive Healthcare is on an incredibly exciting trajectory. The company has more than doubled in size in the past 2 years and will have 300 employees in the Framingham office by the end of the year. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates. Our expansion has created the need for a talented and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering Team. If you would like to develop a product that is in high demand, and evolving rapidly, keep reading!
You will join our small but rapidly expanding software engineering team. We are relentless, curious, and doing the right thing is a tenet of the team’s approach to solving business problems. We all enjoy our work and helping one another is baked into our operating DNA. You will be writing code leveraging the Microsoft Stack (ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC, Core, and SQL Server).
Here are the things you will tackle:
- Ensuring software is built, according to business and technical specifications, on top of an error-free and high-performing platform
- Contributing significantly to architectural decisions
- Seeking ownership of platform components and projects
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
- Performing code reviews and QA on team members’ work items
- Participating in Agile ceremonies
- Always thinking of better ways to do things
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of experience in a fast-paced Agile software development environment
- Advanced knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Can deliver high-quality software with minimal supervision
- Advanced C# knowledge
- Advanced understanding of databases (NoSQL, SQL, graph)
- High-degree of understanding service-oriented architecture concepts
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with design patterns
- Deeply understands RESTful API design
- Understanding of various types of testing (unit, system, integration, performance)
- Knowledge of cloud computing and serverless architectures (Azure, Google Cloud)
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!